The Student Room Group

pharmacy with btec help

Hiya I've got seven gcse all at ggrade C. I'm studyi ng applied science l3 extended diploma and I was wonderi ng if there's any uni in the UK which will accept me for ppharmacy without alevel

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Uz25
Hiya I've got seven gcse all at ggrade C. I'm studyi ng applied science l3 extended diploma and I was wonderi ng if there's any uni in the UK which will accept me for ppharmacy without alevel

Most do accept but with an A level in Chemistry including top ubis like: Bath, Birmingham, Manchester and Cardiff

I have been looking for those who don't, so far I have found one (but I will continue looking for you) which is 'Medway school of Pharmacy' who require DDD in the Extended diploma for entry to their MPharm course

another option would be to do a foundation year which is offered by quite a few places including Durham and Manchester.

Hope this helps :smile:
Original post by yt7777
Most do accept but with an A level in Chemistry including top ubis like: Bath, Birmingham, Manchester and Cardiff

I have been looking for those who don't, so far I have found one (but I will continue looking for you) which is 'Medway school of Pharmacy' who require DDD in the Extended diploma for entry to their MPharm course

another option would be to do a foundation year which is offered by quite a few places including Durham and Manchester.

Hope this helps :smile:

Thanks xx 😀😍 could u search for ones near nottingham thanks
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Uz25
Thanks xx 😀😍

Haha :P

Kingston and University of East Anglia also accept Extended diploma without Chemistry (UEA are also ranked 15th overall and 6th for pharmacy in the UK!) :smile:

UEA want DDD with 6 units being chemistry based and a further 6 in either maths, bio or physics
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by yt7777
Haha :P

Kingston and University of East Anglia also accept Extended diploma without Chemistry (UEA are also ranked 15th overall and 6th for pharmacy in the UK!) :smile:

UEA want DDD with 6 units being chemistry based and a further 6 in either maths, bio or physics

Too far 😢 uni of Kingston doesn't accept applied science. . Doesn't say they do.. send me links please.
(edited 9 years ago)
Keele would consider you- I think it's quite close to Nottingham. However you would probably need to resit Maths as they ask for at least a B.

We do consider the BTEC Extended Diploma in Applied Science. The requirement is that you achieve DDD/DDM and have attained this through approved modules.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ThePhoenixLament
Keele would accept you- I think it's quite close to Nottingham:

We do consider the BTEC Extended Diploma in Applied Science. The requirement is that you achieve DDD/DDM and have attained this through approved modules.

Thanks xx never heard of that uni so I suppose it's quite far 😂
Original post by Uz25
Thanks xx never heard of that uni so I suppose it's quite far ������

It's 60 miles from Nottingham. Also, I just edited my post about GCSEs a currently you don't meet their minimum entry requirements :frown:
Original post by ThePhoenixLament
It's 60 miles from Nottingham. Also, I just edited my post about GCSEs a currently you don't meet their minimum entry requirements :frown:

I got jolly then 😢😢😢😢😢 check any other uni's please xxx
Reply 9
Original post by Uz25
Too far 😢 uni of Kingston doesn't accept applied science. . Doesn't say they do.. send me links please.

Look on ucas course search BTEC Extended diploma (18 units) is green and says " refer to institution"
Original post by yt7777
Look on ucas course search BTEC Extended diploma (18 units) is green and says " refer to institution"

Oh right thx
Hi I am currently training to be a pharmacy technician in my second year. I am studying a btec level 3 diploma in pharmaceutical science (120 QCF credits) along with a level 3 diploma in pharmacy service skills (75 QCF credits) I want to apply for pharmacy im september 2016, I know aston will not accept btec bt birmingham does, I will start my chemistry a level in september, and I have 12 gcses all A and B grade. I am not sure of how many ucas points my course is equivalent to, can anyone help. Also am I at an disadvantage becauae I dnt have 3 a levels and this isn't the most common route fr pharmacy. Ive been told birmingham uni is very competitive, what are my chances of getting an offer. Can anyone please help? Is anybody else in my situation?
Thankyou
Original post by Aliyauddin
Hi I am currently training to be a pharmacy technician in my second year. I am studying a btec level 3 diploma in pharmaceutical science (120 QCF credits) along with a level 3 diploma in pharmacy service skills (75 QCF credits) I want to apply for pharmacy im september 2016, I know aston will not accept btec bt birmingham does, I will start my chemistry a level in september, and I have 12 gcses all A and B grade. I am not sure of how many ucas points my course is equivalent to, can anyone help. Also am I at an disadvantage becauae I dnt have 3 a levels and this isn't the most common route fr pharmacy. Ive been told birmingham uni is very competitive, what are my chances of getting an offer. Can anyone please help? Is anybody else in my situation?
Thankyou

Your lucky. Atleast u can do alevel chem. If ur doing an extended diploma I think u can get in Plymouth uni
Original post by Uz25
Your lucky. Atleast u can do alevel chem. If ur doing an extended diploma I think u can get in Plymouth uni

Hi thanks for your reply. Im from birmingham so ideally birmingham university or wolverhampton second choice. Im 23 so I may have to do my chem a level self taught becuase no college is accepting me due to my age. Ive been told a levels are only offered to 16-19 year olds at college. Anyone know which distant learning course is good for chem a level.
Thankyou
Original post by Aliyauddin
Hi thanks for your reply. Im from birmingham so ideally birmingham university or wolverhampton second choice. Im 23 so I may have to do my chem a level self taught becuase no college is accepting me due to my age. Ive been told a levels are only offered to 16-19 year olds at college. Anyone know which distant learning course is good for chem a level.
Thankyou

I'm from notts. Since your ganna do alevel too u should get a place.
Reply 15
Original post by Uz25

Hi,
I finished my BTEC level 3 extended diploma this year and i also had hope of getting into Pharmacy but i was rejected by every university i applied to. I even applied to ones outside London because they didn't ask for A-levels. I achieved DDM but it still wasn't good enough, my advice would be to do chemistry A-level privately (if you can).
Goodluck!
Original post by Ayatee
Hi,
I finished my BTEC level 3 extended diploma this year and i also had hope of getting into Pharmacy but i was rejected by every university i applied to. I even applied to ones outside London because they didn't ask for A-levels. I achieved DDM but it still wasn't good enough, my advice would be to do chemistry A-level privately (if you can).
Goodluck!

Oh it's cool. I'm not into it no more. What are you planning to do at uni then
Reply 17
Pharmacy with a foundation year 😁
Original post by Ayatee
Pharmacy with a foundation year 😁

Cool. Do you kno any one who did primary education/secondary science education or nutrition dietetics
Ive been struggling finding a college to accept me for chemistry a level because im 23, and all the colleges only offer a levels to 16-19 year olds. I am thinking of doing my chemistry a level with a adult education centre I have found in birmingham. The course costs 2500 everything included and exams are in june. Im aimimg to get into aston so im gna try my best to self teach myself for biology a level aswel. Anyone else in birmingham who wants to do chemsitry a level privately. Im looking fr someone who's in same position. Would be good if we could revise together to?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending