The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by chocbrownie
You apply with your AS grades and then they will give you a conditional offer :smile: if you get a place you just bring your A2 grades in September

thats cool.

Thank you.

Should i apply through an agency or should i do it myself? Would would u suggest?
No worries. I applied directly to the university but a lot of people use agencies to do the translation e.c.t but imo it's unnecessary and a waste of money. Are you applying in the UK too?

Only for pharmacy.

If I get a place abroad for dentistry I'll take that. (Hopefully I do). But if not, I'm not taking another gap year, I'll just have to do pharmacy. 😖

Wot about u?
Reply 82
Original post by Mohammed Adnan
Hi MaryamMed.

I would highly recommend this agency to anyone who is serious in wanting to study dentistry or medicine. Although they charge a high fee for their services you should know the following in what they offer that other agencies with less fee don't:
1. Guaranteed Entry(If applied early enough)
2. Tuition student loans are guaranteed for 6 years(you will have 2 grace years after you graduate and then you start repaying the loan in instalments within 10-15 years).
3. The agency looks after you for 6 years(not just application).
4. Accommodation and transportation is sorted by their end.
5. The agency helps you get an internship in your final year and gets you job interviews.
6. Everything is done by legal papers.

You basically pay for a service that will be offered to you from application procedure until you get a job.

Thanks for this Mohammed.

Would you mind if i asked what they charged?

And also, will the qualification be accepted in the UK ie GMC. So no issues practising?
Original post by Azzzman
Thanks for this Mohammed.

Would you mind if i asked what they charged?

And also, will the qualification be accepted in the UK ie GMC. So no issues practising?

I would strongly recommend going through Tutelage. They did absolutely everything for me and I got my acceptance letter last week. They charged £450 for their side of things.

I'm not sure entry is guaranteed anymore due to rising entry requirements and the volume of candidates applying, at least a friend of mine at Plovdiv told me people were getting rejected.

The qualification is accepted in the UK, you just have to apply to register for the GMC when you get back. However, I would expect that we would have to get amongst the highest possible grades at Plovdiv to be considered for many UK F2 positions.
Has anyone else received an acceptance letter?
Reply 85
Original post by Juego Gordo
Has anyone else received an acceptance letter?

I received mine a few weeks ago, when did you apply?
Original post by ambeya
I received mine a few weeks ago, when did you apply?

I applied beginning of middle of May and got my acceptance letter a few weeks later. Apparently they are outright rejecting people this year whereas in previous years pretty much anyone could get in...

What grades did you get btw?
Reply 87
I applied beginning of middle of May and got my acceptance letter a few weeks later. Apparently they are outright rejecting people this year whereas in previous years pretty much anyone could get in...

What grades did you get btw?

I got BB in biology and chemistry and degree in bioscience. What about you ?
Original post by majid81
I got BB in biology and chemistry and degree in bioscience. What about you ?

Nice, I got A* Bio, B Chem but no degree :smile:

Have you got a place as well?
Reply 89
Nice, I got A* Bio, B Chem but no degree :smile:

Have you got a place as well?

Hi, no not yet.

Do you know whats taking them so long ? How many people have received there offers so far ? Not too long to go till September. :redface:

Btw when did you apply, and what agency did you use ? Also who are the ones who have been rejected ? :frown: Are there people with BB's at A-Levels too rejected ?
Reply 90
I got B's in my Alevels, didn't think I would get accepted but I did!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 91
Original post by majid81
Hi, no not yet.

Do you know whats taking them so long ? How many people have received there offers so far ? Not too long to go till September. :redface:

Btw when did you apply, and what agency did you use ? Also who are the ones who have been rejected ? :frown: Are there people with BB's at A-Levels too rejected ?

I know other people who are still waiting on acceptance, when did you apply? I applied 3 months ago and received my acceptance a few weeks ago. I went through Tutelage Ltd, the tool over the application process for me and I don't know anyone with B's who's been rejected. Did you apply through agency?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 92
Original post by ambeya
I got B's in my Alevels, didn't think I would get accepted but I did!

Original post by ambeya
I know other people who are still waiting on acceptance, when did you apply? I applied 3 months ago and received my acceptance a few weeks ago. I went through Tutelage Ltd, the tool over the application process for me and I don't know anyone with B's who's been rejected. Did you apply through agency?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you applied with a degree, or just A-Levels ?

I applied around the 25th of May using StudentWorld, I think it used to be called Outreach.
Reply 93
Original post by majid81
Have you applied with a degree, or just A-Levels ?

I applied around the 25th of May using StudentWorld, I think it used to be called Outreach.

Just Alevels, you should from them soon..its literally a waiting game!
Reply 94
Original post by ambeya
Just Alevels, you should from them soon..its literally a waiting game!

Thanks. :smile:

Have you applied for Medicine or Dentistry ?

Are you going to fly out soon ? I hear the apartments there get snatched up real quick (unless your thinking of staying in student dorms) :biggrin:
Original post by majid81
Hi, no not yet.

I think BB should be fine, I went through tutelage and they sort everything out for you pretty promptly with the lowest fee of all the agencies as far as I'm aware...

I applied like a month and a bit ago, so a bit late.

Don't know whats taking so long tbh, but I hope you manage to get in :smile:, last year a friend of mine applied after results day and got in so there is definitely still time.
Has anyone considered the impact of the UK potentially leaving the E.U on the validity of our degrees in Bulgaria.

At the moment, the degree is GMC recognised because it lies in the European Economic Area. If we were to leave the E.U. would this affect our degrees in any way?

Anyone have any clue about this?
Reply 97
Has anyone considered the impact of the UK potentially leaving the E.U on the validity of our degrees in Bulgaria.

At the moment, the degree is GMC recognised because it lies in the European Economic Area. If we were to leave the E.U. would this affect our degrees in any way?

Anyone have any clue about this?

This is what I'm worried about too, let's just hope that the UK referendum votes to stay in Europe.
Reply 98
Anyone applying, join the Facebook page! It's called :

Medical University of Plovdiv 2015 English Medicine Applicants

can you pm me the link to this facebook page?
Reply 99
Original post by MrMjoez2
can you pm me the link to this facebook page?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1558023904453153/

Latest

Trending

Trending