The Student Room Group

PGCE Coleraine Music (or any other secondary subject)

Hi everyone- just wondering when do we find out the results of our interview- the panel stated that it could be as late as June- or sooner hopefully. I have applied here and in England (through UCAS). My first choice is Coleraine, so don't know if I should accept/decline offers through UCAS unitl I find out the result- Has anyone else applied? Even last year's applicants? When do we find out about Coleraine?

Scroll to see replies

Moved to Education and Teaching :smile:
Reply 2
Have you heard anything back from Coleraine yet?
Hi.

I heard on Saturday that I got in to Pgce history for coleraine. Have you heard anything yet. You should be finding out soon. I would accept the ones in england but then decline or withdraw it if you get into coleraine.
Original post by Racquelwright
Hi.

I heard on Saturday that I got in to Pgce history for coleraine. Have you heard anything yet. You should be finding out soon. I would accept the ones in england but then decline or withdraw it if you get into coleraine.

Hey I got in for Music! I saw you posted elsewhere about accommodation, I havent thought about it but I also have far to go (from Lisburn) and I haven't passed my driving test yet!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi

Aw brilliant congrats! I was just going to stay up for the 6 weeks we are in class and then chose schools around my local area. I go to uuc and drive from larne but it would be too much to do it everyday.

Last year Pgce ones stayed in a b&b for the 6 weeks and it was quite cheap. So I was thinking of that too or house sharing with some people for the 6 weeks. But then we are going to have so much work so don't want to be staying with people partying all the time.

Are you going to do the same or just stay up for the whole course and go to schools around Coleraine?
Hi

Aw brilliant congrats! I was just going to stay up for the 6 weeks we are in class and then chose schools around my local area. I go to uuc and drive from larne but it would be too much to do it everyday.

Last year Pgce ones stayed in a b&b for the 6 weeks and it was quite cheap. So I was thinking of that too or house sharing with some people for the 6 weeks. But then we are going to have so much work so don't want to be staying with people partying all the time.

Are you going to do the same or just stay up for the whole course and go to schools around Coleraine?

Congratulations to you too! 😊 I was convinced I hadn't got in! I'm definitely going to do placement around home but need to consider the possibility of staying in Coleraine for the university part of the course!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks :smile: I was the same. Its so competitive and they don't give anything away Lol.

Yeah that's the same as me. I'm definitely doing mine at home and staying I'm coleraine for class. Just need to find some where Lol. I think we are probably best staying in a b&b. Apparently its only like £12 per night or something.

Are you looking forward to bushmills for the activities? I think it will be good craic but not too keen on some off the activities Lol.
Yeah they just looked at me blankly the whole time! £12 a night is fab, that's such a good idea instead of being tied up with a rental! I can't wait until bushmills, and we do get to choose what we do so it'll be fine :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
One of mine looked about for a minute and I was just like omg this musnt be going well. Exactly, leave when you want, your own space and it will be nice and quiet.

I'm friendly with a girl doing her Pgce ATM so I'll find put what b&b they stayed in. It would be handy if we knew were others were staying or what b&b. At least we know one other person on the course now!

Oh happy days I'm not a strong swimmer so I was worried about the water ones Lol.
That would be great! Yeah I'm not keen on the water ones either, I'm glad I'm not the only one!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey,

I found out last week i got onto the PGCE with Art! So i'm also wondering what to do for the 6 teaching weeks.. I have a car but live in Belfast and it might be too much to drive in and out every day.. The B&B option sounds brillant, I'd love to know whatever details you can get!

Congrats on getting in!

One of mine looked about for a minute and I was just like omg this musnt be going well. Exactly, leave when you want, your own space and it will be nice and quiet.

I'm friendly with a girl doing her Pgce ATM so I'll find put what b&b they stayed in. It would be handy if we knew were others were staying or what b&b. At least we know one other person on the course now!

Oh happy days I'm not a strong swimmer so I was worried about the water ones Lol.
Hi.

Well done to you too. It is such a relief. can't wait to get started.

You are in the same boat as me and Kathryn then :smile:

Sorry I didn't reply to you Kathryn was waiting for one of the Pgce people to get back to the girl I'm friendly with about what b&b they started in.

Hopefully she gets back to me soon and we can perhaps get it booked or priced. It would be great having us at the one b&b. Some company and since we both drive we could all drive in together for class :smile:
Hi.

Well done to you too. It is such a relief. can't wait to get started.

You are in the same boat as me and Kathryn then :smile:

Sorry I didn't reply to you Kathryn was waiting for one of the Pgce people to get back to the girl I'm friendly with about what b&b they started in.

Hopefully she gets back to me soon and we can perhaps get it booked or priced. It would be great having us all at the same b&b. Some company and since we both drive we could all drive in together for class :smile:
Hi

Got the number for a bnb in portstewert from the guy who stayed there last year. She charged £20 per night. So 80/100 per week since we need it Monday- Thursday since we are in placement on Fridays.

Anyway I rang and she said its closed ATM but she's got another one which she's sorting ATM so ring her in a few weeks.

If you need it I'll pass on her number.
That would be great! Thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just wondering if anyone has heard anything re access ni and health check yet? I know the primary ones have ...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Hi, fairly irrelevant to your post but I don't know whether anyone on this thread would be interested in any of my past PGCE notes as I have just completed my PGCE in Secondary Music and been accredited as an 'Outstanding' teacher and achieved all of my essays at Level 7 Masters level.

I'm giving away all of the notes, lesson plans, schemes of works and essays that I collated and created over the past year. The reason that I'm doing this is to help you guys if you're about to embark on your PGCE year as it is TOUGH! I will be able to dropbox you with all of the resources that I used throughout my year to turn me into an outstanding teacher.

Obviously you cannot submit any of my work as your own due to plagiarism but it will there as a framework for you to base your work around.

If you feel that this is something that could further enhance your teaching or you're simply intrigued as you embark on your teaching career then please leave me a message including your email address.

Rob x
Hi Kathryn,

yeah I got an email about 5 days ago but i was on holiday and then another one yesterday. If you haven't got anything yet just ring them. They also sent us our timetables as well which is good. Looks like its going to be intense but im sure we will be fine lol.

Also just noticed i never left the B&B lady's contact details. Not sure if anyone is interested but she has been taking pgce students for years and is charging £15 per night. We also get our breakfast for free and we have access to a fridge, cooker etc.
If anyone is interested her email address is [email protected]
Weirdly I didn't get the one a few days ago, but I did get the one yesterday which was good as I was starting to panic!
I'm sorted for accommodation, there's a lady who lives across the road from the uni charging £90 a week incl a two course dinner every night. She should have another spare room so if anyone wants her contact details I can pass them on also!
Next year looks like it's going to be crazy!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending