The Student Room Group

Graduate Entry Medicine Waiting List 2015 Entry

I thought it would be good to make a board for those of us who are on the waiting list for GEM. It's great we got this far but it can be so stressful waiting to hear the final decision.

I'm on the waiting list for Cambridge GEM.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Just saw this thread. I am in a similar position with Leicester A101, just hoping for the best now
Reply 2
Thanks for replying!

Have you got any other offers from the other unis you applied to?

It's a horrible waiting game. When were you told you would hear a definitive answer from Leicester?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
I'm on the waiting lists for both SGUL and Barts GEM - very frustrating!
Reply 4
Original post by lc16079
I'm on the waiting lists for both SGUL and Barts GEM - very frustrating!

Have you got an offer from elsewhere?

It's so annoying when you get so so close!

I'm still waiting to hear but we were told we would hear by the end of April so I guess the wait is almost over.

Do you have any idea of when you will hear from either unis?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
I'm on the waiting list for Swansea and had my Nottingham interview the other day, rejected from my other two options.
Holding on until May! It's pretty stressful but I guess it's better than getting a straight rejection.
Reply 6
On waiting list for SGUL and Swansea..so bored of the waiting! Crossing everything for good news from warwick.

The worst thing is we don't really have a specific date we find out by, nor do they tell us what position we are on the lists..understandable but would be pretty indicative of how much of a chance we have!

Has anyone been given that info by the uni they're on the waiting list for? I imagine it's a universal thing
Reply 7
Original post by amyyy24
I'm on the waiting list for Swansea and had my Nottingham interview the other day, rejected from my other two options.
Holding on until May! It's pretty stressful but I guess it's better than getting a straight rejection.

Do you know when nottingham send out decisions? I think that'll have a big impact on swansea and sgul waiting lists
Reply 8
Original post by ceciafb
On waiting list for SGUL and Swansea..so bored of the waiting! Crossing everything for good news from warwick.

The worst thing is we don't really have a specific date we find out by, nor do they tell us what position we are on the lists..understandable but would be pretty indicative of how much of a chance we have!

Has anyone been given that info by the uni they're on the waiting list for? I imagine it's a universal thing

I was just told the month I would hear by which is the end of April.

Nothing more than that.

I know some unis are more transparent about their waiting lists than others!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by ceciafb
Do you know when nottingham send out decisions? I think that'll have a big impact on swansea and sgul waiting lists

Nottingham have told applicants they will hear by the 17th April
Reply 10
Original post by nug
Nottingham have told applicants they will hear by the 17th April

Thanks and best of luck!
Reply 11
Original post by CHallows
Have you got an offer from elsewhere?

It's so annoying when you get so so close!

I'm still waiting to hear but we were told we would hear by the end of April so I guess the wait is almost over.

Do you have any idea of when you will hear from either unis?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry for the delay in replying. No, I don't have any other offers; I couldn't attend my other two interviews for family reasons. So I'm really hoping for good news from one of these!

SGUL said they'd reply by 7th May, and Barts said they look in July and in August (although they mention August because it's A-level result day, so I'm wondering if that's a generic wait-list email that also goes out to A100 waitlisters).
Reply 12
Positive news from waiting lists anyone?
I am still waiting :frown:
Found myself on the waiting list for Warwick A101 today. Oddly enough I'm overjoyed that I even got this far.

Even if it's a no from here, it's given me a LOT of encouragement that I was really in need of to give it one final go next year. If it was a firm "no", I might not have had the confidence or the energy to apply for a 3rd time.
I just got a 'no' from SGUL, bit surprising for me, I thought I was in with a good chance with a 69/70, but apparently not!

Ergh, feel a bit sick as it was the one I really wanted, but they didn't want me!

Ah well, off to Exeter I go!
Reply 15
anyone got offers from the waiting list yet? :smile:
Original post by lc16079
Sorry for the delay in replying. No, I don't have any other offers; I couldn't attend my other two interviews for family reasons. So I'm really hoping for good news from one of these!

SGUL said they'd reply by 7th May, and Barts said they look in July and in August (although they mention August because it's A-level result day, so I'm wondering if that's a generic wait-list email that also goes out to A100 waitlisters).

I'm wondering if it was just me who got a waiting list reply today? Anyone else get a SGUL yay/nay?

Unless they're doing it in bits and pieces...
Reply 17
Original post by Don'tMessThisUp
I'm wondering if it was just me who got a waiting list reply today? Anyone else get a SGUL yay/nay?

Unless they're doing it in bits and pieces...

It wasn't just you - I got a no yesterday as well (GAMSAT 65). I wonder if anyone got a yes?
Original post by lc16079
It wasn't just you - I got a no yesterday as well (GAMSAT 65). I wonder if anyone got a yes?

I'm wondering. Last year there were 60 places and 67 offered, this year, I think there's closer to 50 places, and I know of at least 5 people who didn't take their place.
Do you mind telling me what grade you got and subject? Thinking of this next year not sure if I can do it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending