The Student Room Group

The University Of Buckingham Medicine 2016 Entry

I attended an interview at Buckingham in Feb and I got an email saying it was likely I would get an offer in May.

Has anyone else applied? Or are thinking of applying?

Scroll to see replies

Gt an interview for march! How did it go for u? Was it hard?
Original post by CHallows
I attended an interview at Buckingham in Feb and I got an email saying it was likely I would get an offer in May.

Has anyone else applied? Or are thinking of applying?

How have you already got an interview for entry in 2016?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I duno...i just checked my inbox today...if i recall correctly they are offering the degree twice a yr...guess theyre rich and can afford to...

Original post by Minnieh21
How have you already got an interview for entry in 2016?

Posted from TSR Mobile
But the real question is, is it gmc approved?
Me 2 ive been invited to an interview...how was the interview for u? Is this school gmc approved?
Reply 6
The degree starts in January each year. So they are currently interviewing for January 2016 entry.

They don't offer the degree twice a year, just once a year.

They hold 4/5 selection events during the previous year, so once in feb, once in March, etc....

After two selection events they make some offers.

The GMC is currently reviewing the school and a couple of months before the first batch of doctors graduate (the ones who started in jan of this year - the first year of this course) will find out whether they are GMC approved or not. If they are not, the doctors will get GMC recognition from Leicester as Buckingham is using Leicester's syllabus.

I attended the Feb selection event as I applied last year and I have been told I scored highly and it's likely I will be made an offer in May after the second selection event has taken place! Although I am a graduate I think this degree has a benefit to many undergrads as the degree is only 4 and a half years long! Its intense but quick!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Oh okay...i Received my invitation a day ago. Ill be flying to the uk from australia for the march selection. Do you have any advice for the interview? Are you an international too?
The degree starts in January each year. So they are currently interviewing for January 2016 entry.

They don't offer the degree twice a year, just once a year.

They hold 4 selection events during the previous year, so once in feb, once in March, once in April and once in September I think.

After two selection events they make some offers.

The GMC is currently reviewing the school and a couple of months before the first batch of doctors graduate (the ones who started in jan of this year - the first year of this course) will find out whether they are GMC approved or not. If they are not, the doctors will get GMC recognition from Leicester as Buckingham is using Leicester's syllabus.

I attended the Feb selection event as I applied last year and I have been told I scored highly and it's likely I will be made an offer in May after the second selection event has taken place! Although I am a graduate I think this degree has a benefit to many undergrads as the degree is only 4 and a half years long! Its intense but quick!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Btw congratz on the high score....i rly hope i can make it too

Cheers
Reply 9
Thanks!

I am British and live in the UK although my parents now live in HK so I travel quite a lot.

Wow Australia! That's far to travel! Have you applied to other British unis?

The interview is really like any other MMI. Just go in confident and try your best!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
If you want more info on the interview check out their website.

They have a file which goes into detail about the entire selection process. It really clarified everything to me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
I don't think it is a massive advantage to undergrads. 6 months less for more intensity and you will still have to get jobs via FPAS so you'll have to wait to apply with the cohort doing the 5 year course anyway.

Have no knowledge of the course itself so can't comment on that.
Reply 12
I agree it's not a massive advantage. But I like the idea of the course being intense. I guess it's a matter of personal opinion.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The University of Buckingham Medical School has started receiving applications for the MB ChB January 2016 entry last October.

Throughout the year of 2015 there are 5 Selections Days. After a candidate submits their application and all required supporting documents, the Selection Panel makes a decision based on their academic achievements and predicted grades. Should this be a positive decision, a candidate is invited to attend a Selection Day (date and all other details are sent to each candidate individually).

More details can be found on our web pages: http://bit.ly/1CZwEaK and also in our New Prospectus, which can be downloaded from here: http://bit.ly/1Bmipun

We wish all current and future applicants the best of success in your applications and look forward to welcoming you at the University!
If you want more info on the interview check out their website.

They have a file which goes into detail about the entire selection process. It really clarified everything to me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

hello !

Im attending the selection day in March. The website doesn't really go into any detail about the interview, just says its objective structured selection examinations, which i guess translates to Multiple Mini Interviews :smile: !

also i have a question, how long before the selection day did you receive an email about the time, place . . etc of the interview ?

thanks !
Reply 15
Original post by natasha_egh
hello !

Im attending the selection day in March. The website doesn't really go into any detail about the interview, just says its objective structured selection examinations, which i guess translates to Multiple Mini Interviews :smile: !

also i have a question, how long before the selection day did you receive an email about the time, place . . etc of the interview ?

thanks !

On their website there is a PDF file named selection process or something close to that. It can be found at the bottom of the entry requirements page I think. It goes into a lot of detail and gives you an idea of what they test at each station.

They give you two weeks warning, in regards to your interview time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
On their website there is a PDF file named selection process or something close to that. It can be found at the bottom of the entry requirements page I think. It goes into a lot of detail and gives you an idea of what they test at each station.

They give you two weeks warning, in regards to your interview time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ah yes ! iv found it, its under medical school code of practice for selection. thank you for bringing that to my attention !
Congratz on ur interview offer! Yeah im still waiting on the date and time! R u international too?

Original post by natasha_egh
hello !

thanks !
Original post by projecthsk
Congratz on ur interview offer! Yeah im still waiting on the date and time! R u international too?

Thanks ! congrats to you too. no Im a uk student, where are you coming from ?
Cheers buddy im replying from Strayyylia m8...haha jkes...i just received the information(dates and time) regarding the interview i guess you have too!

We aint too too stray n wild @ Australia we just supa chilled compared to other countries

Cheers

Quick Reply