The Student Room Group

blushing

hi
so I have this problem where when I feel self conscious I blush bright red and not the cute kind. I was just wondering whether there is anyway to combat this????? its kind of random sometimes I don't get embarrassed at all but sometimes it happens over the stupidest things. My friends just laugh about it not in a mean way or anything but I don't think they understand that its not something I can control.... any advice would be appreciated :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
hi
so I have this problem where when I feel self conscious I blush bright red and not the cute kind. I was just wondering whether there is anyway to combat this????? its kind of random sometimes I don't get embarrassed at all but sometimes it happens over the stupidest things. My friends just laugh about it not in a mean way or anything but I don't think they understand that its not something I can control.... any advice would be appreciated :smile:

I think its just one of those things some people get. I don't think there's really much you can do to stop it, but I suppose foundation or something may make it less obvious? Drinking a bit more could help, but I'm really just clutching at straws there. I would think that embarrassed blushing is a bit different from heat related blushing.

Probably more one of those things you'll just have to learn to get used to I'm afraid. I dint think its such a bad thing though.
You can't control it but you can hide it. I have the same problem as you do, nearly blush all the time. I would often dab some foundation or BB cream to conceal imminent redness. Sometimes I'd remind myself to inhale- exhale so that I can emit the heat that I can feel in my cheeks or regulate my heartrate/ blood flow or whatev it is. I've also figured that having too much emotions at one time will make me flush, hence, I try to cheat my body to be as apathetic as possible but its soo difficult. So, try to use concealer, breathe or tone down your emotions.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's just one of those things that help to make everyone unique and individual! Don't be embarrassed by it, embrace it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Believe me,the best way to combat it is to expose yourself to as many potential blushing events as possible. One of my greatest fears when i was younger was public speaking of any kind, even in a group of work colleagues/doing a presentation/speaking at meetings.

Now i have gotten to the stage where it doesnt cause me a thought and i can hold my own at any meeting without a hint of warmth or red tinge about me.

Quick Reply

Latest