The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Is Nottingham flexible with entry requirements?

I initially applied for Nottingham studying Management for Sept 2015 knowing it's an AAB entry requirement. However, they offered me a conditional offer of ABB. Has anyone ever got through with lower than that, how flexible are they? I don't know who to choose between Notts, Aston(Eco and management) and Reading(Eco) :/
Reply 1
It is dependant on a lot of things, such as whether they have any spaces, your personal statement, how close you were etc.

Personally I got in on BBB with an ABB offer. I was told that after everyone who met the grades has been accepted they will look at people who just missed their offer and compare personal statements to see who has the best until they fill the course up.

I wouldn't rely on it because you might not get as lucky as I did, working as hard as you can to get the grades you need is your safest bet.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by dan5
It is dependant on a lot of things, such as whether they have any spaces, your personal statement, how close you were etc.

Personally I got in on BBB with an ABB offer. I was told that after everyone who met the grades has been accepted they will look at people who just missed their offer and compare personal statements to see who has the best until they fill the course up.

I wouldn't rely on it because you might not get as lucky as I did, working as hard as you can to get the grades you need is your safest bet.

Thanks for the reply! Yeah I agree, I will do! Are you doing Management, also did you firm Notts?
Reply 3
Original post by Al_10
Thanks for the reply! Yeah I agree, I will do! Are you doing Management, also did you firm Notts?

No I am doing CS, and yes it was my firm choice.
Reply 4
Original post by dan5
No I am doing CS, and yes it was my firm choice.

what campus is best for accomodation?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending