The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Not everybody in society is Mozart, or a Leonardo Da Vinci

Let's play to people's strengths, not their weaknesses.

Also, which is why tuition fees are useful - paying for something makes it more valuable.

The truth is, mickey mouse degrees don't actually exist.
Viking Studies!!!
Reply 3
In my view a lot of degrees exist simply to exploit the naive and people who want to just go to uni to take a three year holiday before joining reality.

Nothing frustrates me more than when people drone about how 'surprisingly difficult' media studies is.

Posted from TSR Mobile
War Studies
Sociology
Psychology
Media Studies
Film Studies
Original post by NotJustAName
Sociology
Psychology
Media Studies
Film Studies

Haha ignorance at its best

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by soanonymous
Haha ignorance at its best

Posted from TSR Mobile

This.

OP, imo there is no such thing as a mickey mouse degree. I would maybe classify the likes of "golf studies" or "football management" as pretty useless, but everything else has its uses. And tbh a degree>no degree, it just depends if it's worth the money and time.
Reply 8
Original post by NotJustAName
Sociology
Psychology
Media Studies
Film Studies

Out of interest, if psychology is useless, where will all the clinical and forensic psychologists come from?
Reply 9
I'd add geography to the list of Mickey Mouse degrees

Posted from TSR Mobile
Liberal Arts
Some are completely pointless like I heard there was a degree after david beckham don't know how true it is though :s

I wouldn't call it a mickey mouse degree, but maybe the lack of career paths it leads to/get into it - History
anything that is basically not STEM.

/thread
Original post by Damien_Dalgaard

/thread

You're incredibly ignorant.

/thread

Why?
I'm so done with these threads...
Nothing. Any degree is significant to the student.
Original post by Loafing.Charizard
Some are completely pointless like I heard there was a degree after david beckham don't know how true it is though :s

I wouldn't call it a mickey mouse degree, but maybe the lack of career paths it leads to/get into it - History

History and other arts and humanities degrees are good investments if you know what you want to do and have relevant ECs.
Original post by Imperion
You're incredibly ignorant.

non-stem jealousy

Original post by jambojim97
Why?

Because most of them don't end up doing anything relevant in their field.

Also statistically students who do art degrees get lower a levels than those who do stem subjects.

Reserved.

Reserved once more.
non-stem jealousy

Because most of them don't end up doing anything relevant in their field.

Also statistically students who do art degrees get lower a levels than those who do stem subjects.

Reserved.

Reserved once more.

Show us some stats. Also, just because they may not do anything 'relevant' in their field doesn't mean they can't have rewarding careers. Also, bare in mind that 'bad' universities offer more fluffy arts subjects than STEM subjects.
(edited 8 years ago)

Latest