The Student Room Group
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website

VEGETARIAN!! any vege people applying for accomodation?? : )

Hey i'm like a strict vege girl, and i really don't like the smell of non-veg!

i WONDERED if there are any other vege who are planning on applying to uni for derby accomodation

I want to do primary ed qts

thanks in advance :biggrin: :smile:

Scroll to see replies

hey, I've always been veggie! :biggrin: and I'm applying for accommodation with the same problem too
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by madisonpearl
hey, I've always been veggie! :biggrin: and I'm applying for accommodation with the same problem too

ooo wow! yeah I permanently stopped eating meat since like aged 6 haha :smile:

so what uni you applying to?? :/
I mean if you cana fford it, you can always live in a Studio accommodation-- but the only thing is I cant afford it :frown:

:smile:
Original post by glitzy08
ooo wow! yeah I permanently stopped eating meat since like aged 6 haha :smile:

so what uni you applying to?? :/
I mean if you cana fford it, you can always live in a Studio accommodation-- but the only thing is I cant afford it :frown:

:smile:

me too! haha and I'm going to Derby uni, you? yeah don't blame you its expensive!
Reply 4
me too! haha and I'm going to Derby uni, you? yeah don't blame you its expensive!

oh wow that's so cool! yh im gonna go to the applicant day this Saturday and hopefully apply for accommodation and put it as a firm :biggrin: excited!

so where you from, and what course are you planning on doing?:smile:x
oh wow that's so cool! yh im gonna go to the applicant day this Saturday and hopefully apply for accommodation and put it as a firm :biggrin: excited!

so where you from, and what course are you planning on doing?:smile:x

:biggrin:ooh! it is so exciting/scary
I'm from Ellesmere Port, I'm planning on doing Fine Art how about you? x
Reply 6
:biggrin:ooh! it is so exciting/scary
I'm from Ellesmere Port, I'm planning on doing Fine Art how about you? x

oo sounds like a nice place :biggrin: and I'm from Birmingham!!!
I'm currently planning to apply for sir peter Hilton court, because you get a mini fridge lol:smile::smile:

and I am going to do primary education

Rosh
oo sounds like a nice place :biggrin: and I'm from Birmingham!!!
I'm currently planning to apply for sir peter Hilton court, because you get a mini fridge lol:smile::smile:

and I am going to do primary education

Rosh

haha love it! i dont know what court i want yet I'm applying tomorrow hopefully!

Good luck!:biggrin:
Reply 8
haha love it! i dont know what court i want yet I'm applying tomorrow hopefully!

Good luck!:biggrin:

hey on the form does it specify whether we can put in 'vegetarian' as a special requirement? Because i was thinking we can find some vege students applying and apply together possible ?? :/ :s-smilie:

Rosh :smile:
hey on the form does it specify whether we can put in 'vegetarian' as a special requirement? Because i was thinking we can find some vege students applying and apply together possible ?? :/ :s-smilie:

Rosh :smile:

yeah it does i've put down I'm a vegetarian, but i dont think its a special requirement, yeah sounds good to me:smile:

Madison-Pearl:biggrin:
Reply 10
yeah it does i've put down I'm a vegetarian, but i dont think its a special requirement, yeah sounds good to me:smile:

Madison-Pearl:biggrin:

oh wow that's cool :biggrin: yh haha i think special require ment is too much lol

anyways, so how shall we find other veges applying ?? :/ hm...

Rosh x
oh wow that's cool :biggrin: yh haha i think special require ment is too much lol

anyways, so how shall we find other veges applying ?? :/ hm...

Rosh x

we could post on the derby facebook page saying who is applying for september and is veggie applying for halls...something like that anyway, it could be a start

Madison-Pearl x
Reply 12
we could post on the derby facebook page saying who is applying for september and is veggie applying for halls...something like that anyway, it could be a start

Madison-Pearl x

OH YEAH! wonderful idea :biggrin: okay so who is gonna post the status? me or you? or both haha! I will get home at 2pm from school so will do it then :biggrin:

BTW i just message the accomodation enquire people, and told them my situation, just waiting for a reply!

The good thing is, on the websites it says we can apply with 'friends' so we'll need each others student ID but let's get FINDING (for now) :smile::smile:

Rosh xx
OH YEAH! wonderful idea :biggrin: okay so who is gonna post the status? me or you? or both haha! I will get home at 2pm from school so will do it then :biggrin:

BTW i just message the accomodation enquire people, and told them my situation, just waiting for a reply!

The good thing is, on the websites it says we can apply with 'friends' so we'll need each others student ID but let's get FINDING (for now) :smile::smile:

Rosh xx

i dont mind either haha, yeah i read that last night so we can find people make a group inbox and swap student ID there :biggrin:

oh cool let me know what they reply with!

Madison-Pearl xx
Reply 14
i dont mind either haha, yeah i read that last night so we can find people make a group inbox and swap student ID there :biggrin:

oh cool let me know what they reply with!

Madison-Pearl xx

yeah great idea! okay that's fine, let's hope this goes a success :biggrin:
:u:

Thanks
Rosh x
I'm veggie! Derby is my firm offer :biggrin:
Reply 16
Original post by CelineBean
I'm veggie! Derby is my firm offer :biggrin:

oh wow!! :biggrin: have you applied for accommodation yet?? if so, which accommodations are you planning? because I'm still deciding

I'm doing primary education qts, what course you doing? :smile:
oh wow!! :biggrin: have you applied for accommodation yet?? if so, which accommodations are you planning? because I'm still deciding

I'm doing primary education qts, what course you doing? :smile:

Not yet, will be next week when I get paid. Hoping for ensuite plus @ sir peter Hilton if there's any left, but so long as it's an ensuite and near the campus I'm not fussed. Peak court's really nice :smile:

I've got an offer for psychology. Whats your entry requirements? :smile:
Reply 18
yeah like I really really want to get into en suite, either at sir peter Hilton, sir christophers court or any other... but i have a problem :/

because of my teaching course, it's very hard for me to find a part time job aswell, because it's a 5 days a week course so in the weekends i can only work a few hours and I'm not from a very wealthy background

soo,,,, if i really really have to, i might have to choose a standard room (as long as i get a friedge in my room lol... that's a must!!) But i really wanna stay en suite :smile:

Anyways, my requirement is 280-300 :biggrin: what about yours? x
yeah like I really really want to get into en suite, either at sir peter Hilton, sir christophers court or any other... but i have a problem :/

because of my teaching course, it's very hard for me to find a part time job aswell, because it's a 5 days a week course so in the weekends i can only work a few hours and I'm not from a very wealthy background

soo,,,, if i really really have to, i might have to choose a standard room (as long as i get a friedge in my room lol... that's a must!!) But i really wanna stay en suite :smile:

Anyways, my requirement is 280-300 :biggrin: what about yours? x

Surely if you're not from a wealthy background you're entitled to a lot more? Have you worked out how much you'll be budgeting? I'm entitled to a bit more because I live by myself away from my parents and I don't think £115 is that much for an ensuite. I'm paying 170 odd if I go to my insurance D:

260 points :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending