The Student Room Group

Pre nup and men

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ubi1
Many absurd claims, you don't control your partner and need to ensure that you don't lose your property, so being secure is a must.

Why marry your partner if you don't trust him or her?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 81
Original post by skunkboy

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's not about not trusting someone but relationships break down and no matter how great things are you have to be smart enough to realise things happen and people drift apart so why not have a plan in place in case you do separate

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 82

Posted from TSR Mobile

You have no knowledge of marriage and divorce don't you want to be protected when you divorce? Do you want your wife to take your 50% of what you have along with child support, good luck with that, you may like it when it happens to you Skunkboy

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ubi1
You have no knowledge of marriage and divorce don't you want to be protected when you divorce? Do you want your wife to take your 50% of what you have along with child support, good luck with that, you may like it when it happens to you Skunkboy

Posted from TSR Mobile

It seems to me you & your partner actually don't love each other. Marriage is just a game? Great.
Reply 84
It seems to me you & your partner actually don't love each other. Marriage is just a game? Great.

Skunkboy, many women see marriage as a business contract, so from an economic standpoint it's better to rent it out.
Too many people sticking their head in the sand, even as a woman I'd encourage all men to sign a prenup (except perhaps for cases like child support) because the truth of the matter is that almost 50% of marriages end in divorce.

You might be totally in love one minute and your partner might be the best person ever and another day, anything could happen and you could fall out of love. Cheaters don't plan to cheat from the beginning of the relationship so it's not like most people can predict it. Once people get married, a lot of times their true colours come out, and they might be abusive or hurtful and a lot of people hide it very well until marriage. No one is a psychic, it's impossible to predict whether you've actually married a good person.

You people need to wake up and smell the coffee.
Original post by ubi1
Skunkboy, many women see marriage as a business contract, so from an economic standpoint it's better to rent it out.

Gee... economics can apply to marriage? Wow...If Adam Smith knew that, what'd he think? I wonder.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending