The Student Room Group

Whether to stay at uni or move to a foundation degree

Hi everyone,

Basically I am in my first year at uni and studying Criminology. However, I have not been enjoying it as a "proper" student would. I`m not a big party fan or fan of night clubs and have joined a first aid society that works with St. Johns Ambulance. However I never felt like Uni was for me. I liked the idea of studying and meeting new people as I had no friends back home- one died from suicide and the others left me after that :mad:. However uni was a fresh start and I was happy to go but now after several months of thinking I am looking at foundation degree in policing. Having told my parents about this they were obviously not happy as you would expect but in reality I just want to join the police. I have volunteered with the police have done specials role play where I`m a bad guy and so I just don't think a degree would help. Now you maybe thinking then why a foundation degree I think it would suit me more as I`m not especially academic in terms of applying knowledge to the paper even if I know the answer in my head and don`t particularly enjoy doing essays. I am confused as to whether I should continue and there is a option to pass this year and take a year out with my grades saved but I have no idea as to whether I`m doing the wrong thing.

Any help is appreciated. :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending