The Student Room Group

Jeremy Clarkson gets suspended from the BBC

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LordMarmalade
You think making a joke about an Asian on a bridge being a "slope" is funny?

I suppose small things amuse small minds

I hate this kind of response. People who only like PC comedy look down on those who like non-pc humour. You're not better than us in any way shape or form.
Original post by Fullofsurprises
It seems that everything Jezza touches turns to gold. :rolleyes:

Aside from the chat show he tried in the late 90s, early 00s, which only managed 2? series before being canned. That really was pap.

Must say, this thread is bringing out the worst of the TSR habit for saying "i don't like something, therefore that something is clearly wrong and should be banned". You children who spout such lines really need to grow up and live in the real world.
Apparently the BBC are already in line to lose millions, just by suspending him. This is in the fees that foreign broadcasters will demand for losing the scheduled episodes. Meanwhile the bidding war is apparently already moving into gear as Itv, Sky, Netflix, etc, go into battle to fight for Clarkie.

It seems that everything Jezza touches turns to gold. :rolleyes:

If I were the BBC I'd let them have him.

If other employers are ok with their employees going into work expecting to get punched every time this big ape is annoyed, then so be it.
Original post by Drewski
Aside from the chat show he tried in the late 90s, early 00s, which only managed 2? series before being canned. That really was pap.

Must say, this thread is bringing out the worst of the TSR habit for saying "i don't like something, therefore that something is clearly wrong and should be banned". You children who spout such lines really need to grow up and live in the real world.

Didn't know he had a chat show. Before my time.

I don't know, TSR is an opinion forum, I don't see the harm in people saying they don't like him or want his show off air. We hardly control the BBC, we are just expressing opinions. :cyber:

I don't know, TSR is an opinion forum, I don't see the harm in people saying they don't like him or want his show off air. We hardly control the BBC, we are just expressing opinions. :cyber:

There is a difference between saying that you don't like him (I don't either) and saying that he should be banned, banned, banned which seems to the standard TSR response to anything they don't like whether that is smoking, Islam, fat people, friendzoning or whatever ever stupid **** people think is the problem.

If you don't like him, don't watch and don't pay the licence fee.

It was after old top gear, but before new top gear, which - if memory serves, started in 2002.

I agree there's no harm directly in this instance, no, but it's the precedent it sets. You really want people growing up thinking the rational reaction to disliking something is to ban it?
This guy pretty much sums up my opinion on this debacle-http://neilmonnery.co.uk/2015/03/11/liberal-rejoicing-jeremy-clarksons-suspension/.

If he's hit somebody he should be charged in court. I have no problem with him staying on though.
Original post by Davij038
This guy pretty much sums up my opinion on this debacle-http://neilmonnery.co.uk/2015/03/11/liberal-rejoicing-jeremy-clarksons-suspension/.

If he's hit somebody he should be charged in court. I have no problem with him staying on though.

And yet, when he hit Piers Morgan (in public) he got nothing more than congratulatory handshakes...
Original post by Drewski
And yet, when he hit Piers Morgan (in public) he got nothing more than congratulatory handshakes...

Its Piers Morgan. Piers Morgan should have been cautioned for breaking Clarksons finger.
Its Piers Morgan. Piers Morgan should have been cautioned for breaking Clarksons finger.

Couldn't agree more. But if we take that precedent - that Clarkson only hits those we'd all like to hit too - then perhaps we might feel differently about the situation we have now...?
The man was already on his final warning. Who cares if he makes a shedload of money for the BBC, that's not the only consideration.

I'm sure the BBC could make a lot of money if they wanted to broadcast an extremist Islamist preacher by satellite, the fact it would have a large audience is not an excuse for doing so.

Clarkson has shown complete contempt for the people who pay his salary (you and I) and he has almost certainly committed gross misconduct. Anyone else in any other walk of life would have been sacked ages ago

If you made that much money for any company i'd be quite confident you could get away with it, if not a lot worse.
Original post by Drewski

Which is rediculous.

Hitting people isn't on. It wouldn't be right for you or I to do it and it isn't right for Clarkson to do it.

It is often one of the more serious things a person can do at work. If he somehow manages to get away with this, it would be a travesty.
Original post by Drewski

Technically, very true. Before the court of public opinion? Not so much. :teehee:

Me? I'm still waiting for the arrest warrant on Piers Morgan for the fact that Mirror Group under his editorship was ten times worse than the News of the World and the Sun at phone hacking. Perhaps the police have given up pursuing the real ring leaders, after the Rebecca Brooks fiasco. So hard to convince a jury that highly paid lawyers might not be telling the whole truth. :rolleyes:

That blog is spot on.
This is no real loss to Clarkson because, as we know, he's in high demand and one of the BBC's rivals like ITV or Sky will simply acquire his services. The BBC are the only ones who ultimately lose out because they'll struggle to get support for Top Gear without him.
Original post by Reluire
This is no real loss to Clarkson because, as we know, he's in high demand and one of the BBC's rivals like ITV or Sky will simply acquire his services. The BBC are the only ones who ultimately lose out because they'll struggle to get support for Top Gear without him.

They could get Paxman to do it. He'd be good. :cool:
Well- **** got what he deserves.
Hopefully they would stop producing it and put something actually decent on the TV!
Original post by simon_g
Well- **** got what he deserves.
Hopefully they would stop producing it and put something actually decent on the TV!

like has been said before, if you don't like it don't watch it. there's 40 odd channels on freeview and with 8 hoursish of new series a year it's pretty avoidable.
Original post by blue n white army
pretty avoidable.

not in news, recently. apparently we live in a great, peaceful world where even Prime Minister has time and will to express his opinion about it :s-smilie:
Reply 79
You think making a joke about an Asian on a bridge being a "slope" is funny?

I suppose small things amuse small minds

thats what i've been trying to say lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending