The Student Room Group

Bad flatmates

Hi,

When I first moved into halls my flat was pretty nice. We didn't really become good friends but we got on okay and everyone was considerate of each other. After a while one flatmate started never doing his washing up, literally leaving it until it's mouldy and generally being untidy in communal areas. He also has people round to the flat almost all the time and plays loud music and films, so much so that people in other blocks have complained (just to make it clear- I like to listen to music and go out myself at weekends, but I would always make sure not to disturb others during the week).

This term things have been getting gradually worse. He ignores (but has seen) messages about issues in the flat from the rest of us, he has started using the corridor as a rubbish tip and has taken communal furniture for himself. Today he left us a note calling us ***** just because we had asked for the vacuum cleaner back. People have also heard him saying that he thinks it's funny that we are annoyed with him.

He ignores messages and we don't often see him because he seems keen to avoid us (possibly scared of confrontation?) or has lots of people here. What should I do? How do you confront someone who avoids all contact and actually takes pleasure in annoying his flatmates?
you could complain to whoever runs your halls but in all honesty there's not much you can do about bad flatmates, whoever runs your halls is getting money off them so will be unwilling to take much action and if he refuses to listen or to cooperate what else is there to do? he's being an ******** but he isn't breaking any laws
Move out.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending