The Student Room Group

Liverpool Stage 2

Just got a letter saying Im through to stage two of the Liverpool admissions process. Ive gotta fill out a form with details of work experience, anyone else got to do it yet? Also, are there any Liverpool vets who could help me? It says give exact dates of work experience and Im really nervous cos of the fact that Liverpool says it wants 4 weeks vet work exp. Ive only been able to do 3 for various reasons but ive done a total of 30 weeks over the past few years on farms/zoos/stables/farrier so thought this would compensate. Does anyone know of people at Liverpool who got in without the 4 weeks (I have 2 more weeks planned in the future). Just want to know where I stand.

Thanx!!! xxx

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Congratulations, i recieved a letter this morning too...if it wants exact dates of work experience im stuffed..i just popped into the veterinary surgery whenever i was available :confused:
I wouldnt worry about not having the four weeks experience, the work experience is in your personal statement anyway (or at least mine is) so they must be aware of how much we have done. If you're really worried, maybe you could do an extra week in the next couple of weeks? I think the date for that form being retured is something like 22nd Dec so there's plenty of time. I wouldnt worry. Good luck :smile:
Reply 2
Hi guys, don't worry its possible- i did one week in a vets, a weeks lambing and a weeks dairy before i went for interview but i think i got in partly on the merit that i had managed a riding school for three years at weekends Only trouble is, knowing their entry procedure they may bin those at stage 2 whom have not met the requirements so try and see that you've covered them if poss, perhaps fudge lots of weekends into the time in weeks that it equates to ?? get references from your placements saying you were good and reliable etc, i sent these ahead of me after applying. i can only guess thet thry're struggling ot weed people out this year so good luck!! let me know if u need anything x
Reply 3
I got that letter too! I got really excited! I have worked in a small animal practice for around 2 and a half years and did a 2 week period at another practice which i now visit at least one day a week. However i think i am lacking on the farm animal side......i have completed three weeks at a farm and thats it! I worked at a riding stables for a while too. Did they use this process of the form last year?
Reply 4
Thanx a lot, thats reassuring, I do have 2 weeks planned but unfortunately theyre after the deadline! lol, Ive just applied for a couple of jobs at vet surgeries...again! The problem is theres only 3 surgeries near me that I could realistically get to cost wise and time wise. Ones undergoing major renovations, one has 2 permenant work exp people already and the other one is tiny so its not open at weekends. Not having much luck! lol.
Reply 5
You could write that in the future work experience planned! Then theyll be able to see that you will have done the 4 weeks experience! i wouldnt worry about it! Does anybody know if liverpool has a similar system as bristol...as in they give out offeres as soon as they start interviewing or do they wait until they have interviewed everyone? Liverpool is my first choice uni!!! Its the best city evaaaa....not that im biased or nothing :wink:
Reply 6
Yay, I got through to the second stage too, i'm really excited because im having to retake exams in january AND i only have 10 weeks work expereience and so for me to get an interview is ace (in my opinion - not that I have a low self esteem its just other people have made it clear they didnt think i'd get any interviews, pfft)
Reply 7
xxnikkixx
i think i am lacking on the farm animal side......i have completed three weeks at a farm and thats it!

That's alot in comparison...ive only done one week so far! :eek:
Reply 8
I got it I got it I GOT IT

To be honest, i've only done

3 Weeks working with a Vets
4 Years working in a pet shop
4 Months Working in Cattery And Kenels
1 Week teacher people to ride horses (that was soooo fun)
+ various other types of random stuff.

But Im gonna try and compensate with my planned work experience because I actually DO have planned work experience........ an extra week at the vets and working at the abatoire, and some dairy work. Im not sure how much good putting this will do, as I'm doing the work experience, its just how will they view it?

Also.... I can't remember exact dates, or even telephone numbers... Im in soo much trouble.
Reply 9
the offers were given out so late last year cuz of the lecturers strike. they didnt use this form thing last year they just emailed people asking for references to be sent, i still havnt heard anything this year other than confirmation :mad:
well done to everyone who has :smile:
Reply 10
yeah i got that aswell. does it mean that you definantly have an interview or only possibley?
Reply 11
Lucy.x
the offers wernt that late though? February isnt that late for interviews and offers is it? RVS interviewed til April as far as i remember:confused:

the deadline for notification of offers is the 31st of march, the last lot of offers from the liverpool interviews were sent out at 5.30 on the 31st lol, they cut it pretty fine and succeeded in almost giving me heart failure lol, stress like that is not good fro your health!
Reply 12
yeah i got that aswell. does it mean that you definantly have an interview or only possibley?

Basically from what I can understand, there are three stages, stage 1 is academic standards, stage 2 is where they scrutinise work experience and stage 3 is interviews. If ur academic grades etc are ok, thats why ur through to stage 2, they now go through your work experience and those who have the grades PLUS sufficient work exp will go through to stage 3 and be invited for interview.

xxx
Reply 13
oh my goodnes its all so confusing... i got the letter too.... im now in a bit of a muddle... need some advice:
i put down on my PS that id done 2weeks at a SA surgery, having only done one and planning to another later on, but now iv not found time to do the second... could i do a week after school dya reckon? would that count?
ooo dear... :confused:
Reply 14
ye course it would! any experience will count! Ive sent that form back! has anybody heard from them after that?! I hope it means that we defo have interviews because the personal statement gives a good idea of of how much work experience you have done! Fingers crossed
Reply 15
Hmmmmmmm I was thinking I should actually send this form Off seeing as the BMAT results have failed me. Its made me upset so Im going to send it off to make me feel better! WOOT!
Reply 16
liverpool dont look at BMAT anyway :smile: xxx
Reply 17
You Hailz have truely made this a good day, Oh yes you have.

Hail the Hailz!
Reply 18
:smile: aw thanks, that cheered me up! xxx
Reply 19
What's life if you can't spread a bit love? I stink of cow poo.

Latest

Trending

Trending