The Student Room Group

Nursing Selection day - Southampton Uni

Just posting this to see if any one else has recieved a letter from southampton uni for a nursing selection day - i have one on the 11th Dec! :s-smilie: Also if anone has already had a selection day - any advice, am very nevous...:s-smilie: :s-smilie: Thanks! :smile:
Reply 1
hey well done on getting an interview and good luck! :smile:

ive not applied for nursing but just prepare questions such as why nursing? what qualities do you have? why this uni? what experiences have u had? etc

some unis ask you to do a presentation but they would let u know in the letter if you had to do one! so if it doesnt say u have to then u won't!!

some unis also ask u to do group activities but u cant really prepare for thm as you dont know what they will ask you to do!, just read up on what nurses do etc, places they can work...

sorry, may be totally different i'm just going along with what my OT interviews have been like.

but good luck.
Reply 2
they will often ask why you have chosen the branch you have.
what you think the role of the nurse is.
what health or nursing issues have seen in the media recently .
they may give you some senarios and often ask you things form your ps... eg if you mentioned holistic care in your PS they may ask you what that means to you.

nursing interviews often have a group aspect where they like to see you in active discussion usually about an issue in nursing... may something like childhood obesity, the smoking ban, transplants for alcoholics etc... you dont need to have a right or wrong answer although obviously saying something like all alcoholics should be shot isnt gonna go down too well.... but they arent there to catch you out they just want to see how you interact... so definately say something but dont dominate the discussion.

you quite often get a presentation from the uni as its as much their time to sell themselves to you as it is for you to sell yourself to them.

sometimes you might have to write and essay this is just to guage literacy and not so much for content they usually give some choices like the pros and cons of credit cards or my best holiday or sometimes nursing related what do you see as the roles of nurses in the future.

they sometimes give you a short maths test just to assess your numeracy skills.

they will usually tell you in any letters they send what is to be expected and a list of all the documents and photocpies and passport photographs to take.

good luck
Reply 3
Hey, just wondering how it went? I've got to go next Tuesday!! scary stuff:redface:
Reply 4
Original post by f-j
Hey, just wondering how it went? I've got to go next Tuesday!! scary stuff:redface:

Hi, I also have been invited to a selection day on the 31 jan and was wondering how you found it and what kind of things do they expect from you?.
Reply 5
Original post by Lulu34
they will often ask why you have chosen the branch you have.
what you think the role of the nurse is.
what health or nursing issues have seen in the media recently .
they may give you some senarios and often ask you things form your ps... eg if you mentioned holistic care in your PS they may ask you what that means to you.

nursing interviews often have a group aspect where they like to see you in active discussion usually about an issue in nursing... may something like childhood obesity, the smoking ban, transplants for alcoholics etc... you dont need to have a right or wrong answer although obviously saying something like all alcoholics should be shot isnt gonna go down too well.... but they arent there to catch you out they just want to see how you interact... so definately say something but dont dominate the discussion.

you quite often get a presentation from the uni as its as much their time to sell themselves to you as it is for you to sell yourself to them.

sometimes you might have to write and essay this is just to guage literacy and not so much for content they usually give some choices like the pros and cons of credit cards or my best holiday or sometimes nursing related what do you see as the roles of nurses in the future.

they sometimes give you a short maths test just to assess your numeracy skills.

they will usually tell you in any letters they send what is to be expected and a list of all the documents and photocpies and passport photographs to take.

good luck

hi, is it essential that you bring all of the documents as i currently don't have my passport with me?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending