The Student Room Group

Malia 2015

Scroll to see replies

Hey! I'm going 14th-21st july!
Not sure how much money to take?
What's the sitch with things like boat parties? How much?
Also are things relatively cheap or not? Is entry to clubs and bars expensive?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by killmekoalabear
Hey! I'm going 14th-21st july!
Not sure how much money to take?
What's the sitch with things like boat parties? How much?
Also are things relatively cheap or not? Is entry to clubs and bars expensive?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's ridiculous for pricing this year. Due to the Greek economy being shi**, essentially no deals on drinks with everything being €5'. Entrance to the 6 main clubs are also now charging €5 entrance fees,
That's ****, how much would you recommend taking?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by killmekoalabear
That's ****, how much would you recommend taking?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well I'm going for two weeks but am going to an all inclusive hotel. Would recommend taking about €500 for a week. Spent about that in Zante last year.
Reply 44
Do they still sell laughing gas balloons in malia and how much ?
Reply 45
I'm in Malia now! It's €4 for any drink, €5 in clubs plus €5 entry, but just buy a club pass for the week. It's a lot quieter than the 2 years I have been before. My hotel is empty too, but been told 20 girls turning up tonight!! So going to stay an extra week!! All the bars have max 20 people in, but by 2.30 - 3am the clubs are buzzing!! Thinking a lot of people are pre drinking at their hotels, due to Greek laws changing. Last time I came, you could get 2 spirit and 2 mixers and 2 shots for 5 euros!! I brought €600 for the week and that is just about going to last. Malia is still crazy and you will have the time of your life, just pre drink loads!! No laughing gas anymore.
Reply 46
Thanks for that. Really helpful. Weird they dont have laughing gas now. Guess they had to stop that too.

I take it if you dont have the club pass if you leave a club and want to go into a different one you have to pay entry again and again for each different one?

Also what time do most clubs close at ? And what times the latest ones?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by GymLad78
Thought this might be a good idea to keep all Malia related stuff in one thread, i.e. who's going this summer etc etc. Also interested to see if we were ripped off for what we paid, however they did warn us that ours would be more expensive because there is more than 10 of us going..

My questions for those of you who are flying out this summer:

When?
Who with?
how much spending money you taking?
how much did yours cost you?

I'll start this off with:
26th June til 3rd July
Me and 14 others from college
around £400 worth of Euros i'm hoping is around enough
£460 self catered with club 18-30/Thomas Cook, best deal offered to us :frown:

Any advice and information is welcomed :smile:

I never book the reservations because I've never hosted the getaway; I'm always invited if someone's going, and throw in what I can while I'm there but I have hired ATVs/quads before, which is bare simple. But I'd be wary as well like if they pay too low don't trust em; the normal price is about 150 EU/wk. :wink: I went to Hermes hire which is right up from where I stayed. If you don't like quads (:erm:), erm go-carts, booze cruises, and water parks as well. You can reserve and plan that all that online or in person.

As far as hotel stay for one holiday it was a wedding excursion at Kastro Beach and it was one of my close older cousins, and for our room (several rooms were booked and they were shared; some had to even stay in a different resort and we met up at scheduled times lol), staying a week, we all pitched in to it being almost £2,000. There's like 3 beds in one room depending on how book, gotta be savvy but idk how all that works tbh :s-smilie: But one night for one room should not even be 100quid. Kastros has a pool right by the strip and all the bars, it's perfect. Free shots pon arrival. I can't really advise you on the whole experience but that was my most recent stay, I was 21; 23 now. Went before after finishing A levels with 8 mates but that was a mess lol we were only 17 and we got ripped off at Extreme quad hire. They..are extreme...lol but we stayed in Kastro as well.
£410 for or week 17th - 24th july ... (Knew the travel agent :wink: aha) got staff discount for the peak week. 7 lads(we are all 20 ) all taking about £800 (1150 euros)

Shouldnt have to worry about money guys (do you not work?)
& they do have laphing gas i have friends that are working out there as balloon girls?
Reply 50
Anyone in malia at the moment now what its like withthe current greece debt crisis going on. And the banks shut.

Malia still operating same as usual?
Are atms in malia working to get money out and are they really busy?
18th August too the 26th
Me and 2 friends
Taking roughly €600
Cost us £385

My first holiday abroad and just a bit worried it's gonna end up a waste with what's happening with Greece
Be aware of the quad bikes here. They cost €30 a week with insurance costing €120, they employ people to steal the quad bikes if you don't get insurance! Heard a few cases of people ending up with a €3000 bill.
Reply 53
Can someone whos been to malia this year say what time all the clubs close at ?

What the latest time you can be out till ? Is there a club that's open later than others?
6 on weekdays 7 on weekends. Been here 10 days haven't found a club open later.
Reply 55
Original post by Dazman0106
6 on weekdays 7 on weekends. Been here 10 days haven't found a club open later.

Dazman how you finding the holiday with the new greek laws etc. It been busy on strip at night. In clubs etc?
Just get a good pre drink. Go out about 1 and it's really busy, drinks are ridiculously expensive this year. A very decent g to b ratio atm so certainly can't complain on that front.
Reply 57
I was there last week place was empty! The clubs are busy around 2-2.30am but empty by 4.30 and close at 5-5.30am. These are the big 3, Candy, Apollo and Zigzag. They definitely don't stay open until 6-7am! The laws have changed hence why the bars stop playing music around 2am, hence why the clubs get rammer! Many people are cancelling their holidays this year and I don't blame them. Wish I had book Zante or Magaluf this year.
Reply 58
Original post by Dazman0106
Just get a good pre drink. Go out about 1 and it's really busy, drinks are ridiculously expensive this year. A very decent g to b ratio atm so certainly can't complain on that front.

Malia is a cockfest!!
Roman, Lets go bowling in Xamarweyne.

Quick Reply

Latest