The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
PHEW the modules ain't being enlarged! The module actually is an option to choose one of two areas (USA and China's social and polical system in the post war years) so I don't need to learn anything on China (although I learnt loads of it myself by accident). It has been brought in because of China being increasingly seen as the next global power like the USA.
Reply 21
Yep, I've just seen the specimen paper for my module 4 today, it looks like they've just collated a few papers together. There are two options (each with two questions), and you choose from the topic you have studied :smile:
Reply 22
Fancy telling me which resources will enable me to learn history (Irish Union to Partition, Britain in WWII and Lenin's Bolshevik Russia) quickly? :P

Our teacher isn't great and I've been having problems actually being able to go and learn in college. :frown:
Reply 23
Or at least linking me if they know of any where that can help?
Reply 24
Havent any of u heard about the way the two exams are structured? its easier than last year!
- The source paper has 2 questions.
- And the essay structured paper is 55 minutes, because the question they ask are much clearer.. question A is always describe (a list of facts with little or no conclusion) ....n question B is always explain... just like all the essays weve been doing all year.
Reply 25
I guess not.

(Yes, this is a shameless bump, just in case it works)
Reply 26
I'm so glad I didn't take on History at A2. AS was absolutely horrible, I was on Edexcel too, plus my teachers weren't exactly the greatest. I hated the Seeds of Evil module, it was just so hard, I self-taught myself everything I needed to know from the Edexcel revision guide but I still ended up with a crappy grade. The American Civil Rights bit wasn't so bad though. Oh and Edexcel also dropped my coursework grade by two grades! :mad:
Reply 27
I agree, Edexcel are gimps. They gave extremely variable marks to everyone in our year which were way off our teachers' estimations. We had a similar problem with coursework too, with marks being cut off.

Everyone preparing for their unit 4 on 23rd? What changes have they made to unit 4, aside from beign cut 15 minutes?
Reply 28
I'm actually enjoying A-level history, but i agree about the dodgy marking. My entire year got C or below for Unit 1 last year, myself included. Not trying to brag but I got 90% in my mock for that Unit, and our teacher is generally accepted as the harshest marker we've ever known...

I am now firmly of the belief that Edexcel hate us and are out to get us at every turn... I mean what is up with putting Units 1 and 2 or 3 and 4 on the same day at the same time??? They hate us you see.... CONSPIRCAY!! :eek:
Reply 29
hello guys anyone doing the USA 1950-2001 please help by giving me a list of the main topics to be studied got an exam on tuesday

Latest