The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

oxford court or briarfields for september 2015

Hi everyone! Just wondering if anyone is applying to either? Or lived in either?
Oxford court looks a bit nicer and is bigger, and briarfields is the same price if you want an en suite (I do).
just wondering if anyone knows what the night life is like in either of them? I want a place i can get very drunk and make friends! But also dont want to live in a hole (cambridge or cavendish) i just dont like the idea of sharing a shower and a toilet with 15 strangers really, and like a communal area not just a kitchen.

Scroll to see replies

Heyy! I'm applying for Briarfields! I'm pretty much the same as you, looking to get very very drunk hahaa. I've heard that Briarfields is really good for the social aspect of things. I'm applying for my own ensuite too, hate the idea of sharing a bathroom with other people! X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Original post by Zara_hejazi
Heyy! I'm applying for Briarfields! I'm pretty much the same as you, looking to get very very drunk hahaa. I've heard that Briarfields is really good for the social aspect of things. I'm applying for my own ensuite too, hate the idea of sharing a bathroom with other people! X

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yay! Finally someone whos going to briarfields too! Hope to see you there :smile: X
You too! Do you know when we can apply? X

Posted from TSR Mobile
You too! Do you know when we can apply? X

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just looked on the website and it said tuesday 7th of april from 9am X
Oh right okay thank you! You travelling far? x

Posted from TSR Mobile
No only sheffield, so about an hour away on a train. Not been to Manchester much though. What about you? What are you studying? X
Ah that's not too bad, I applied for sheffield and really liked it there but didn't get accepted. I'm coming from newcastle so about 3 hours away and I'm so scared haha. I'm studying social care on the birley campus. You? X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeh it's not too far, so quite cheap to get home! Ah right! Same I'm terrified but excited at the same time :') just hope I get put in a flat with people that want to go out and not just hide in there rooms all day!
Studying history at all saints campus! X
Me too, have you looked at the kind of things happening at freshers? Looks so good! Scouting for girls, uv parties, beach parties and other things that I can't remember. The halls we're staying in are really close to the bars and stuff so hopefully everything's near. Have you applied for student finance? X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Omg no I haven't!!! That sounds amazing! Where did you find all this out? Yeh so glad briarFields is so close to town! Yeh I've done It already, but it doesn't even cover my accommodation... So annoying! X
http://www.mmu.ac.uk/news/news-items/2754/

I think that's the right site but if not then just type in freshers week Manchester met. Aww no ways that's a nightmare I honestly dunno how I'm gunna cope living on no money. Have you spokes to anyone else that's staying in the same halls? I'm trying to make friends before I go hahah x

Posted from TSR Mobile
http://www.mmu.ac.uk/news/news-items/2754/

I think that's the right site but if not then just type in freshers week Manchester met. Aww no ways that's a nightmare I honestly dunno how I'm gunna cope living on no money. Have you spokes to anyone else that's staying in the same halls? I'm trying to make friends before I go hahah x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah right thankyou! Same I'm going to have to get a job and I really really don't want to -_- luckily I've saved up a little bit in my gap year, but not much. No not yet most people seem to be going Cambridge. I've got a few friends coming with me next year though, one going to the uni of and another going to mmu but staying in Cambridge x
Yeah same I was going to avoid it as much as possible but it looks like I'm going to have to :frown: x

Posted from TSR Mobile
have you spoken to anyone yet who's going to briarfields? X
Nope you're the only person I've spoken to really. I've spoken to another girl but she's staying in different halls that I didn't really fancy. Are you defiantly applying for Briarfields halls? X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeh I am, there's no other ones that are cheap and have more people in a room With an ensuite! What are you putting as your 2nd and 3rd choice? X
I don't know yet!! I kind of needed help from others haha. What about you? X

Posted from TSR Mobile
doing briarfields then Oxford (because they're owned by like the same management) then biting the bullet and putting Cambridge as 3rd but I don't really want to go there. I've heard the night life is amazing but I just want my own ensuite and space and would like a good night's sleep the odd night :') x
Yeah I was thinking about Oxford but apparently it's really noisy 24/7 and you can't sleep. I'm all for going out and that but apparently the windows are really thin and you can never sleep. I dunno I'll have to look into it but if it's owned by the same people I'll probably do the same thing :smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending