The Student Room Group

Left it too Late for 95% UMS for AS levels?

Scroll to see replies

What beyond and aph said, no point in bumping. Now until then should be plenty of time! Just make sure to make your notes, learn them, do past papers, learn from your mistakes and then rinse and repeat.
Depends entirely on the person. Some can revise weeks before exams and get top grades, others can revise for months in advance doing more hours and get worse grades

But there's only one way to find out, but the sooner the better
Reply 22
Original post by jshep000
What beyond and aph said, no point in bumping. Now until then should be plenty of time! Just make sure to make your notes, learn them, do past papers, learn from your mistakes and then rinse and repeat.

Original post by AstroNandos
Depends entirely on the person. Some can revise weeks before exams and get top grades, others can revise for months in advance doing more hours and get worse grades

But there's only one way to find out, but the sooner the better

Ok Thanks.
What even is the point of this thread
Original post by antisansculotte
Some people do absolutely no revision and come out with these sorts of grades. Just remember 95% UMS is a crazy high average, high even for Cambridge, and to nearly every other university (even Oxford) an A is an A.

95% is not crazy high for Cambridge.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 25
Do Cambridge take retake people? As in doing Alevels over 3 years? I'm doing Maths, Biology and ChemistryI'm planning not to sit my AS Maths exam this year as I might risk my grade. So I was thinking to take it Next year. Will Cambridge find this as a problem?
Reply 26
Original post by AMR217
Do Cambridge take retake people? As in doing Alevels over 3 years? I'm doing Maths, Biology and ChemistryI'm planning not to sit my AS Maths exam this year as I might risk my grade. So I was thinking to take it Next year. Will Cambridge find this as a problem?

Are you doing AS&A2 together?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 27
Original post by Aph
Are you doing AS&A2 together?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you mean doing AS and A2 Maths together? If that's what u were asking then no....I will be doing my A2 in the third year
Reply 28
Original post by AMR217
Do you mean doing AS and A2 Maths together? If that's what u were asking then no....I will be doing my A2 in the third year

Then no. They will reject you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
i got 94% ums average in a2 by revising in late march and near easter, only did 5hrs a day...it can be done
Original post by solarplexus
i got 94% ums average in a2 by revising in late march and near easter, only did 5hrs a day...it can be done

Did you apply to Cambridge ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 31
Original post by Aph
Then no. They will reject you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

How come?
So even if I get the grades they require, they will still reject me?
Reply 32
Original post by solarplexus

So starting AS Maths revision now, doing 5-6 hours a day will get me an A in my AS Maths exam?
Reply 33
Original post by AMR217
How come?
So even if I get the grades they require, they will still reject me?

They require you do it all over 2 years. Taking a third is instant rejection:yep: you could get 3 A*'s at A2 and they wouldn't care

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 34
Original post by Aph
They require you do it all over 2 years. Taking a third is instant rejection:yep: you could get 3 A*'s at A2 and they wouldn't care

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is it possible to get an A...I mean starting revision now?
Reply 35
Original post by AMR217
Is it possible to get an A...I mean starting revision now?

:yep: now is early for most people who get A's

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 36
Original post by Aph
:yep: now is early for most people who get A's

Posted from TSR Mobile

So is it possible?
Lol he basically said yes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 38
:smile:
Reply 39