The Student Room Group

Police Doctor

A friend asked me what you have to do to become a police duty surgeon (like the sort of doctor that works with the police to look after the health of people being detained etc., or sedate violent prisoners etc.) or to work as a doctor in a prison. I assumed that you'd have to have done the MBBS, done your F1 and F2 years, and then I'm not exactly sure which route you'd have to go down, but I'm thinking it'd be General Practice?

If anyone can shed some light, that'd be great thanks :smile:
Reply 1
And i realise i've left myself open for the "Google is your friend" line hehe, but this is all i could find:
http://www.dorsetpolice.org/careers/supportstaff/jobdescriptions/policesurgeon.pdf

It details what you do as a police surgeon, and states that you need to be a qualified medical practicioner, but it doesn't state at what level of training you need to be or anything.
Reply 3
I saw those links! But they didn't load earlier :s-smilie::

My bad! Sorry :biggrin:
Reply 4
lol! Well you made me smile anyway, so job done on a dull, PBL reading eve!
Reply 5
My clinical facilitator last year was a police surgeon, he was a gp and had to do some other exams as well. One of the GP's in Doctors is a police surgeon :biggrin:
Reply 6
randdom
My clinical facilitator last year was a police surgeon, he was a gp and had to do some other exams as well. One of the GP's in Doctors is a police surgeon :biggrin:

Haha, yes, I was watching that show the other day, deliciously rubbish day time soap! :biggrin:

After further reading, apparently the average rate of pay for a police surgeon is £36 per hour. Not bad at all!
Reply 7
Revd. Mike
Haha, yes, I was watching that show the other day, deliciously rubbish day time soap! :biggrin:

After further reading, apparently the average rate of pay for a police surgeon is £36 per hour. Not bad at all!

I really like it! I never get to see it anymore though :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending