The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Ask a Current Nottingham Student

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Schrödingers Cat
Oh that's good, well I'm still debating it really... although the thought of having to schedule around everyone's shower routines scares me :afraid:

Hey, second year student here :biggrin:

I've stayed in a standard Broadgate Park room for the last 2 years now and I've barely ever had to wait to use the bathroom. In standard self-catered accommodation there's normally two bathrooms per flat, so generally there's always at least one that's free. My current flatmates are really messy though, so I can definitely see the appeal of an ensuite. :wink:
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by CongressTart
Hey, second year student here :biggrin:

I've stayed in a standard Broadgate Park room for the last 2 years now and I've barely ever had to wait to use the bathroom. In standard self-catered accommodation there's normally two bathrooms per flat, so generally there's always at least one that's free. My current flatmates are really messy though, so I can definitely see the appeal of an ensuite. :wink:

Ah ok nice to hear, thanks for the input :smile:

I'm swaying towards an en suite at the moment
Ah ok nice to hear, thanks for the input :smile:

I'm swaying towards an en suite at the moment

No problem :smile:

If you decide to apply for an ensuite, make sure you apply for one as soon as you can, as they're normally the first ones to sell out
Original post by CongressTart
No problem :smile:

If you decide to apply for an ensuite, make sure you apply for one as soon as you can, as they're normally the first ones to sell out

Yep en suite plus and studio have already gone, it's kinda **** it's first come first serve when I had to wait for my applicant day 18 days after accommodation opened up... like they should definitely change that
Hey I managed to get an in suite at broad gate park :smile: I was just wondering if I have to travel far to get to the city centre and to the philosophy buildings? Also are there any nearby rock climbing walls? XD

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 85
I was asking about why choose en suit :tongue:

Physics :ahee:

ahh okay. Well, I would hate sharing toilet with people I dont know. Next year Im moving into a house with 2 friends and am still kinda worried about having 1 bathroom only
I have applied for Broadgate park ensuite in a rush because ensuite plus had already run out and I didn't realise it was first come first serve:frown:. What's the accommodation like? As I was also going to leeds and the accommodation there was amazing and looked a lot nicer! Also what is Nottingham uni and city like in general?
Original post by Nottie
all my friends that share bathroom say they never had to wait for the shower.
But I'd take en suite if I were you

If they didn't have to wait, why go for an en suite? Just wondering.

I've applied for a single study in catered halls, and I'm hoping there won't be too much of a situation with sharing a bathroom. I currently live with four other housemates in one house, with one bathroom... and generally we all get up/have work (college for me) at the same sort of time in the morning, which results in a lot of luck/careful planning to ensure I can get into the bathroom when needed. A lot of us take ages in the bathroom so it can get frustrating. I'm hoping this sort of thing doesn't happen in halls!
Reply 88
Hey,
I just wanted to ask anyone how much do you spend on accomodation and food weekly or monthly?

Thanks in advance.
Reply 89
Hi,

Saw this in my accommodation offer, would you know what happens between the period of 13/12/2015 - 09/01/2016?

Term 1: 20/09/2015 to 12/12/2015
£2344.01
Term 2: 10/01/2016 to 19/03/2016
£1,907.07
Original post by makrxx
Hi,

Saw this in my accommodation offer, would you know what happens between the period of 13/12/2015 - 09/01/2016?

£2344.01
£1,907.07

Something called: winter vacation...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 91
Original post by Princepieman
Something called: winter vacation...

Posted from TSR Mobile

So does it mean I'm not paying for my room during the period of the winter vacation? I wouldn't have to move out will I?
Original post by makrxx
So does it mean I'm not paying for my room during the period of the winter vacation? I wouldn't have to move out will I?

If it's catered then everyone has to move out for the holiday periods. That said, if you want to leave your belongings in your room then you could pay an extra fee per night during the holidays.
Reply 93
Original post by Princepieman
If it's catered then everyone has to move out for the holiday periods. That said, if you want to leave your belongings in your room then you could pay an extra fee per night during the holidays.

Understood, thanks. But with exams in January, so disruptive to have to move out in December. Boo...
Original post by makrxx
Understood, thanks. But with exams in January, so disruptive to have to move out in December. Boo...

I'm just going to pay the extra to keep my stuff there, I am NOT hauling everything back up to Aberdeen.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 95
Original post by carlaraptor
If they didn't have to wait, why go for an en suite? Just wondering.

I've applied for a single study in catered halls, and I'm hoping there won't be too much of a situation with sharing a bathroom. I currently live with four other housemates in one house, with one bathroom... and generally we all get up/have work (college for me) at the same sort of time in the morning, which results in a lot of luck/careful planning to ensure I can get into the bathroom when needed. A lot of us take ages in the bathroom so it can get frustrating. I'm hoping this sort of thing doesn't happen in halls!

at uni, you usually start at different times so you shouldnt have problem. And I went for an ensuite cause I dont really want to share a bathroom with people I don't know
Original post by RedSoap
Hey,
I just wanted to ask anyone how much do you spend on accomodation and food weekly or monthly?

Thanks in advance.

I think I pay 110f weekly for my ensuite at SPC (self catered). I get around 250f monthly from my parents and thats usually enough to cover all my expenses (although its usually hard by the end of the month)
Original post by makrxx
Hi,

£2344.01

£1,907.07

you also have to move out on 19.03 and come back for the exams :P
Original post by RedSoap
Hey,

Thanks in advance.

Personally I spend around £90 pw on accommodation, and that includes bills, heating, internet, etc.

In terms of food, it varies from week to week, but normally it's somewhere between £20 and £30 per week (including snacks and stuff bought on campus).
Reply 97
Original post by Nottie

you also have to move out on 19.03 and come back for the exams :P

That must really suck, so disruptive haha. Just curious though, why do they need you to move out? Refurbishments etc?
Reply 98
Original post by makrxx
That must really suck, so disruptive haha. Just curious though, why do they need you to move out? Refurbishments etc?

people live in your room during the holiday. Like, all conference guests etc
Reply 99
Original post by Nottie
people live in your room during the holiday. Like, all conference guests etc

Is this for both catered and non catered halls??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending