The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham Trent -Glasshouse accommodation

Hi,

If I get the grades, I'll be studying English Literature and Language in September.
I'm currently looking into accommodation as I know that for NTU conditional offer holders, booking starts 16th March. New Hall looks cool, but in comparison to private accommodation in the city, all of the campus accommodation is more costly.

Anyone have any opinions on Glasshouse? I'm interested in it, is anyone else???
Anyone who's already at Trent, do you see any drawbacks to living in Glasshouse?

Price is good and rooms look great from what I've seen.

(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hey I've been looking at glasshouse too! I will hopefully be studying international business!
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
That sounds cool, have you seen Glasshouse? :smile:
No I haven't viewed it. Only looked at it online! Just unsure since I don't want to be left out on the whole social scene. Since people make loads of friends in halls at freshers and I think a few third years stay in private halls and I would rather stay with first years haha
Reply 4
Fair enough, same actually! I'm facing the exact same problem... what do you reckon you'll do?
Reply 5
Hey, I've got an unconditional offer and I've been looking at glasshouse studio flats. Almost made a booking to go view the flats. I'll be studying International relations - are you looking forward to sharing a flat?
I really like glasshouse from what I've seen so far and it looks way better than the more expensive uni halls.

I booked a viewing for next Saturday for the ntu applicant day along with viewing goldsmith court and victoria halls which are also popular private accomodation choices but Glasshouse is my preference so far :smile:
Hi!

I'm also going to be studying English Literature at Nottingham Trent starting this September. I already know people who go there and am staying in The Glasshouse as it was highly recommended to me, plus, who could go wrong since it's a fair bit cheaper than the on campus accommodation. I'm sharing with my boyfriend and four other people in my flat, however the bedrooms seem a decent size, there are two bathrooms, and the shared areas all looked up to scratch to me. (Living above an Aldi has to have its perks, too!)
Reply 8
Hey I live at the glasshouse this year and am loving here next year too. Personally, I've had no problem with them. The staff are friendly, the site is clean and the rooms are fine. If anything the bathrooms are a litttttttle small, but it's not the end of the world. Also if you do stay here next year, don't forget to bring a mirror for your bedroom, way too many people forgot!
Does Glasshouse do much in accordance with the uni itself? I've heard that Russell View does, especially during freshers week, but I am umming and arring between the two at this moment in time. Thanks
Reply 10
Original post by HaniD
Hey, I've got an unconditional offer and I've been looking at glasshouse studio flats. Almost made a booking to go view the flats. I'll be studying International relations - are you looking forward to sharing a flat?

Ah congrats, that's great! I went to view the en-suite bedrooms today and ended up booking a room. That sounds cool and yeah, I'm quite excited, are you? :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by Tiffany123
I really like glasshouse from what I've seen so far and it looks way better than the more expensive uni halls.

I booked a viewing for next Saturday for the ntu applicant day along with viewing goldsmith court and victoria halls which are also popular private accomodation choices but Glasshouse is my preference so far :smile:

Did you end up going today? I went and ended up booking a room. Everywhere has its perks, but similarly to you, Glasshouse was my favourite :smile: Hope you find somewhere you're happy with!
Reply 12
Original post by Katekatkins
Hi!

I'm also going to be studying English Literature at Nottingham Trent starting this September. I already know people who go there and am staying in The Glasshouse as it was highly recommended to me, plus, who could go wrong since it's a fair bit cheaper than the on campus accommodation. I'm sharing with my boyfriend and four other people in my flat, however the bedrooms seem a decent size, there are two bathrooms, and the shared areas all looked up to scratch to me. (Living above an Aldi has to have its perks, too!)

Ah, that's cool... :smile: I'm in a similar situation. I know a few people who have either already studied there, or currently attend. My sister stayed in Glasshouse a while back and she really recommended it to me. Went and viewed it today, resulting in booking a room. Completely agree with you. Think the location is great!
Reply 13
Original post by 3lvyn
Hey I live at the glasshouse this year and am loving here next year too. Personally, I've had no problem with them. The staff are friendly, the site is clean and the rooms are fine. If anything the bathrooms are a litttttttle small, but it's not the end of the world. Also if you do stay here next year, don't forget to bring a mirror for your bedroom, way too many people forgot!

I went and viewed it today, resulted in me booking a room. Really liked it! My sister used to live there ages ago and she never regretted the decision. Rooms look good in terms of size and the three-quarter beds haha. Booked an en-suite so I can't complain! Ah, handy tip, thanks! :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by HarrisonLee26
Does Glasshouse do much in accordance with the uni itself? I've heard that Russell View does, especially during freshers week, but I am umming and arring between the two at this moment in time. Thanks

I know that it's located pretty close to the NTU Student Union, which is apparently where all of the uni's biggest events take place anyway. I've heard that because Glasshouse is actually in the city, it's right in the centre of where everything happens. Everyone from campus will be travelling into the city to go out, etc. anyway :smile:
Reply 15
Anyone booked a room at Glasshouse? I did today :smile:
I've booked Russell view, cheaper and in my opinion nicer :P

Don't worry about being left out of the loop! I know that Russell view gets a freshers rep during freshers week, and i'm sure other private accommodation will do to, just check with the student union!

p.s I'm going to be 2 grand better off than than byron and gill street south residencies! talk about perks
Reply 17
Original post by Jacklynnmelb

Don't worry about being left out of the loop! I know that Russell view gets a freshers rep during freshers week, and i'm sure other private accommodation will do to, just check with the student union!

p.s I'm going to be 2 grand better off than than byron and gill street south residencies! talk about perks

Two grand cheaper? Jeez. A lot of accommodation looks good, but my favourite was definitely Glasshouse. One of it's perks is that it's across from the SU, which is where a lot of freshers week events (and other events throughout the rest of the yr) will obviously take place :smile: Russel View seems a popular choice too though! Better price than Byron for sure!
Reply 18
Original post by Jacklynnmelb

I booked New Hall at first but I changed to Russell View. I really think it looks great

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
I've booked russell view too!! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest