The Student Room Group

How can a datalogger be used in a circuit as a stopwatch??

How can a datalogger be used in a circuit so that it starts a timer when i open a circuit, and stops the timer after 20 seconds?- so i can masure the potential difference on a voltmeter after 20 seconds exactly?
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in Puddles the Monkey now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Spoiler

I.... think this is physics? :confused: So I've moved it into the physics forum for you :h: Let me know if I'm wrong :woo:
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
I.... think this is physics? :confused: So I've moved it into the physics forum for you :h: Let me know if I'm wrong :woo:
Physics is the correct forum, thanks Puddles! :smile:
Original post by MrChemKid
How can a datalogger be used in a circuit so that it starts a timer when i open a circuit, and stops the timer after 20 seconds?- so i can masure the potential difference on a voltmeter after 20 seconds exactly?
What are you trying to do/record using the data logger? i.e. what experiment is this?

I'm assuming the output from the data logger is stored on a computer?

The timing data will be part of the logging process as the logger samples the input waveform at highly controlled regularly spaced intervals.

Quick Reply

Latest