The Student Room Group
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website

City London Uni Accommodation

i've seen quite alot of uni threads based on accomadation but havent seen and city uni one, so thought i would make one.
will you be applying for accom or staying at home? and are you excited about moving out if you are?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by NellaNellz
i've seen quite alot of uni threads based on accomadation but havent seen and city uni one, so thought i would make one.
will you be applying for accom or staying at home? and are you excited about moving out if you are?

I should be applying for accommodation but I want to find more about it. I'm pretty exicted about moving out, just worried about leaving home and how much it will cost. How about you?
(edited 9 years ago)
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website
Reply 2
i applied for mine and im so excited about moving out yet scared since its london, ive beein searching for more info and i found out accom is cheaper compare to last year which makes it a little bit affordable for london im really worried about who i will be living with mostly
i applied for mine and im so excited about moving out yet scared since its london, ive beein searching for more info and i found out accom is cheaper compare to last year which makes it a little bit affordable for london im really worried about who i will be living with mostly

If it helps, City try to house you with people from your course / doing similar courses :smile: So they put a lot of nurse/midwives together ect X
Reply 4
oh do they do that now for the 2015 starters? that sounds good but then i would love to b in a house with people doing other courses, then thinking about it, having people doing the same kinda course would mean everyone being on the same boat and not as many craziness happening when you're trying to study. and thanks for that means alot
oh do they do that now for the 2015 starters? that sounds good but then i would love to b in a house with people doing other courses, then thinking about it, having people doing the same kinda course would mean everyone being on the same boat and not as many craziness happening when you're trying to study. and thanks for that means alot

I think it just varies really, but thats how they've done it this year :smile: some of my friends live with nurses / midwives / optometrists and some friends have a few flat mates from separate courses such as Law x
the link I received from city via email just leads me to an error code, has anyone else had this?
Reply 7
Anybody know which accomodation they are applying for? Im studying law btw
Reply 8
i've been on the accommodation page and looked at all the accom and stuff and i really like liberty hall but not to sure yet :frown:
Reply 9
Original post by Iloveladygagaxo
If it helps, City try to house you with people from your course / doing similar courses :smile: So they put a lot of nurse/midwives together ect X

No they don't put you with people in the same course, they strictly spread people. Unless you ask to be with someone specific.
Original post by rbgpwer
No they don't put you with people in the same course, they strictly spread people. Unless you ask to be with someone specific.

I'm only going off my friends who were put together as nurses and midwives. They didn't ask, they were just put together and when I enquired last year, they said they tried to put you with course specific people as far as possible.
Which is best Liberty Court or Liberty Hall? 2015/16
Original post by HannahLRussell
Which is best Liberty Court or Liberty Hall? 2015/16

They are quite the same.
Anyone know what it's like having shared bathrooms? Also how big are Liberty hall and Liberty court compared? Received an offer for journalism :smile:
Reply 14
Hey
I don't really know how cluster room looks like. Can someone explain me what is it and what is the difference between a cluster room with a en-suit room.
Thanks and sorry if it's a stupid question.
doesn't matter what accomodation you choose - the social life at City University is terrible and similarly for the accomodation(s).
Original post by VergeofInsanity
doesn't matter what accomodation you choose - the social life at City University is terrible and similarly for the accomodation(s).

this is one thing I'm worried about before I make my firm choice, could you tell me a bit more please? :smile:
Original post by hollypatrick
this is one thing I'm worried about before I make my firm choice, could you tell me a bit more please? :smile:

The problem is 3 fold.

1) It's London. That means it's not a campus uni and is harder to form a community feel here.

2) On my course there are alot of international students. In fact, they are all international pretty much! And they all appear to be from well off backgrounds. Living in Kensington or Knightsbridge or something. They're happy to go to uni and then go home and live their private life kind of thing. It's as if they have everything so they don't need to care or try - that's the impression I get. It's like a 'meh' effort to uni. When in uni the internationals will generally cluster with their own people.

3) City uni is terrible socially. The societies are dreadful, no exaggeration. Truly awful. The university bar is likewise awful - you'll do well to find 5/10 people in there on a weekend even sometimes. There's no involvement or any one thing that brings people together at this Uni. It's a get in and get out system.

I wouldn't say to not look forward to it or something. It's been fun. I've had many nights out and many laughs but it's also been rather dull and I sometimes regret not going to a more socially active uni. Luckily for me I met a good group of friends. But I'd have liked to have met alot more people and alot more people who were up for being more adventurous but such is life.

A combination of all 3 elements basically.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by VergeofInsanity
The problem is 3 fold.1) It's London. That means it's not a campus uni and is harder to form a community feel here.2) On my course there are alot of international students. In fact, they are all international pretty much! And they all appear to be from well off backgrounds. Living in Kensington or Knightsbridge or something. They're happy to go to uni and then go home and live their private life kind of thing. It's as if they have everything so they don't need to care or try - that's the impression I get. It's like a 'meh' effort to uni. When in uni the internationals will generally cluster with their own people.3) City uni is terrible socially. The societies are dreadful, no exaggeration. Truly awful. The university bar is likewise awful - you'll do well to find 5/10 people in there on a weekend even sometimes. There's no involvement or any one thing that brings people together at this Uni. It's a get in and get out system. I wouldn't say to not look forward to it or something. It's been fun. I've had many nights out and many laughs but it's also been rather dull and I sometimes regret not going to a more socially active uni. Luckily for me I met a good group of friends. But I'd have liked to have met alot more people and alot more people who were up for being more adventurous but such is life.A combination of all 3 elements basically.

Thank you so much! this has helped loads :smile: I did get that feel from the international students who post on the freshers group, which is a shame really as it'd be really nice to mix. Would you advise going to somewhere like Goldsmiths? I'm drawn to it because it seems better socially and it's generally cheaper I think! but obviously need to make a fully informed decision before I make my firm and insurance choices :P
To study what?

Quick Reply