The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

How flexible are Aston on entry requirements?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dylank
Hi again Paul, I have just sent him an email, however I got an automated response that says that he is away and he will reply tomorrow but it also says if it's anything to do with admissions I should contact [email protected] Should I wait for his reply tomorrow or send one to this email today? Thanks for the help!

Can't harm to send a separate email to LHS it will probably go to Jackie Bosworth.
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 21
Original post by paul514
Can't harm to send a separate email to LHS it will probably go to Jackie Bosworth.

Ok thanks. Should I just send the same email to them? It outlines my situation and just tells them why I want to email them. Thank you :smile:
Yes, same email see what she says you never know Nathan may reply anyway next week
Original post by Dylank
This thread is really helpful so Thanks to everyone contributing. I was just wondering what sort of courses they would be flexible on because I had an offer from them for ABB in psychology and I firmed it but I have had a few problems at home with my mum being ill and this is going to continue for a few months still, so it's really hard to work at home because I have to do a lot more to help my family at home. Does anyone if there will be any leeway with this on grades? I'm really hoping to go to Aston and I just don't want to miss out because of a grade or two. Thanks for the help. Anything will be appreciated

Hey there,

I am also currently studying Psychology at Aston! As for your personal situation, I am unsure whether they'd take that into account or not. You may not get a reply from Nathan until after the Easter break (we're off for the next 3 weeks) as the lecturers take annual leave and take their time to reply to emails which is fair enough! I was also worried that I wouldn't achieve my conditional results for the offer as they were AAB. We were told on the open day that Aston and other universities receive the A Level results on the Sunday before everyone else receives the results. They then give unconditional offers to everyone who gets AAB/ABB and above, but not everyone gets those grades. They then go through the applications of individuals who firmed Aston but who didn't get the conditional grades. They then re-read through personal statements and look through other grades that have been achieved in the past and make their decision with that in mind. Speaking from my personal experience, the Psychology department are lenient with grades. I underachieved and did miss my offer by 3 grades, however I did get a place on the course! This was the same for a few of my friends on the course as well as they had also missed their offer by 2/3 grades! Although with that being said, I did do very well in my Psychology A Level exam but underachieved in one of my A Levels.

Hope that helps!
Reply 24
Original post by Megan>
Hey there,

I am also currently studying Psychology at Aston! As for your personal situation, I am unsure whether they'd take that into account or not. You may not get a reply from Nathan until after the Easter break (we're off for the next 3 weeks) as the lecturers take annual leave and take their time to reply to emails which is fair enough! I was also worried that I wouldn't achieve my conditional results for the offer as they were AAB. We were told on the open day that Aston and other universities receive the A Level results on the Sunday before everyone else receives the results. They then give unconditional offers to everyone who gets AAB/ABB and above, but not everyone gets those grades. They then go through the applications of individuals who firmed Aston but who didn't get the conditional grades. They then re-read through personal statements and look through other grades that have been achieved in the past and make their decision with that in mind. Speaking from my personal experience, the Psychology department are lenient with grades. I underachieved and did miss my offer by 3 grades, however I did get a place on the course! This was the same for a few of my friends on the course as well as they had also missed their offer by 2/3 grades! Although with that being said, I did do very well in my Psychology A Level exam but underachieved in one of my A Levels.

Hope that helps!

Thank you, I still haven't received a reply from Dr Ridout but I understand that what you said means he might not ave seen the email. Thank you for taking the time out to reply to my post. I really appreciate it thank you. If you don't mind me asking, what did you end up with at a2? If you don't want to share I completely understand. Thanks everyone :smile:
It is still the easter break so I wouldn't have expected one until this week.
Reply 26
Thank you Paul!
Hello people x , I applied for International Relations and Sociology , they want ABB but its likely i will Get BBB,BCC . I have only applied to there so does anyone reckon they may be lenient ?

Quick Reply

Latest