The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

University of Leeds Accommodation 2015

Scroll to see replies

Hey,
I live in central village at the moment. It's got a great location and is lovely inside with good sized rooms and kitchens. I don't think it's as sociable as other halls - I get on really well with my flatmates and socialize with them a lot but I don't really know more than one or two other people in my block. However, some floors all know each other really well so it just depends on who you end up living with.
Regarding the noise, I think it depends on which block, which side your room is on and how high up you are. A lot of my course friends live in another block and have no problems but my room is quite noisy. The builders start early and often skips are delivered at 6.45am which is noisy. My flatmates have all just got used to the noise and mostly sleep through it but I always wake up. Luckily I'm an early bird anyway but I'd be really annoyed if I wasn't!! I don't know how long the work is supposed to be lasting for but they're building new blocks (I think) and also doing some night time road works. If you really need peace and quiet I don't think central village is ideal but other than that I love it :smile:
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Thank you, I appreciate your take on this.
Original post by RumaanahM
I'm attending the visitors day, I read that the noise level is loud been certain hours, 8-5 if I remember correctly. That shouldn't be much of an issue. What course have you applied for?:smile:

Dentistry, but I have to get the grades !!! :s-smilie:
Hi, I'm also looking at Central Village! Will you let me know anything you find out?
Any news for Sentinel Towers? :smile:
Original post by Anisha123
Dentistry, but I have to get the grades !!! :s-smilie:

Good luck! Do you know anyone else thats going to leeds?
Hi!

I'm attending the visitors day in April to find accommodation. I was thinking Leodis or Central Village, so if anyone has any tips or advice, I'll appreciate it! :smile:

Thanks
Also attending the accommodation open day, and considering Leodis, Central Village, and anything else if I find them more to my liking. But I'm liking the look of those two at the moment. My course (English and Japanese) has a lot of contact hours I think so I don't want to be too far from campus, I don't want anywhere too classy that makes me feel as though I can't do student-y things, but I don't want to be anywhere too grotty. I do want money to eat though, haha, so it's a hard decision. Any input would be super appreciated on any accommodation really, but specifically Leodis and Central Village would be nice. :smile:
Original post by Rosewater
Hey,
I live in central village at the moment. It's got a great location and is lovely inside with good sized rooms and kitchens. I don't think it's as sociable as other halls - I get on really well with my flatmates and socialize with them a lot but I don't really know more than one or two other people in my block. However, some floors all know each other really well so it just depends on who you end up living with.
Regarding the noise, I think it depends on which block, which side your room is on and how high up you are. A lot of my course friends live in another block and have no problems but my room is quite noisy. The builders start early and often skips are delivered at 6.45am which is noisy. My flatmates have all just got used to the noise and mostly sleep through it but I always wake up. Luckily I'm an early bird anyway but I'd be really annoyed if I wasn't!! I don't know how long the work is supposed to be lasting for but they're building new blocks (I think) and also doing some night time road works. If you really need peace and quiet I don't think central village is ideal but other than that I love it :smile:

Which halls are more sociable? :smile:
Original post by Lorienne09
Hi, I live in central village this year and it's been SO convenient in terms of location.

It isn't as social as I'd hoped but I really get on with my flat, I am lucky in that sense as it isn't that common to get on with everyone the way my flat has.

I'd say that in terms of living in the city centre, it has been ideal for first year. I have gotten to know the city and the campus really well and I am
now looking forward to moving to Hyde Park next year.

Just go with one that fits your criteria best. Consider the cost, the location and the social aspects (this can vary though) and then think about which is best for you.

Headingly is great, so is the city.
I really stressed about my accommodation choice but I really believe it is what you make it!

Hope this helped, have an amazing time in September and enjoy Leeds, it's amazing!

How close is the nearest large supermarket i.e. Tesco (not express) from Central Village? Thanks
Reply 30
Sent off my application for accommodation! Central Village studio flat I'm hoping :-)
I know it's not very studenty or some might think it's a bitless social but I like my own living space, I'm pretty sure I'll make friends through my course and throughout my block of flats and I'll get on with everyone perfectly :smile:
anyone in central village next year or thinking of it, do say, it'd be nice to see some familiar faces about! :-)
Reply 31
Original post by seaweedcracker1
How close is the nearest large supermarket i.e. Tesco (not express) from Central Village? Thanks

There's a big morrisons about 5-10 minutes walk away, not far at all..
Original post by tasmay
There's a big morrisons about 5-10 minutes walk away, not far at all..

What is the ensuite like? There's no picture online at all for the standard rooms.
Is the shower wet room or cubicle?
Thanks!
Reply 33
What is the ensuite like? There's no picture online at all for the standard rooms.
Thanks!

I didn't stay at central village so I'm afraid I don't know what it's all like inside
Thanks!

Here is a picture of the CV standard room ensuite. It's a cubicle. http://accommodation.leeds.ac.uk/galleries/gallery/26/central_village
Hey sorry this is pretty vague but I'm now really interested in going to Leeds, after a sudden change of heart with the other unis I was looking at, so I don't really know much about the accommodation on offer at all. I'd like en-suite accommodation if possible, in a sociable flat. I'm not totally decided on catered/self catered but possibly leaning towards self catered as I'm a music student and will probably be at a lot of rehearsals and stuff so might not suit the structured meal times in catered halls. Sorry for the ramble but any opinions or input would be really useful:smile:
Devonshire Halls is quite popular for music students due to the music rooms but I'm not entirely sure about whether it's an en-suite or not (it'll say on the site).

The majority have applied for Central Village and Leodis, so if you want your firm choice, I'd recommend just thinking of an alternative :smile:

(P.S what are you studying?)
Original post by Lorienne09
Hi, I live in central village this year and it's been SO convenient in terms of location.

It isn't as social as I'd hoped but I really get on with my flat, I am lucky in that sense as it isn't that common to get on with everyone the way my flat has.

I'd say that in terms of living in the city centre, it has been ideal for first year. I have gotten to know the city and the campus really well and I am
now looking forward to moving to Hyde Park next year.

Just go with one that fits your criteria best. Consider the cost, the location and the social aspects (this can vary though) and then think about which is best for you.

Headingly is great, so is the city.
I really stressed about my accommodation choice but I really believe it is what you make it!

Hope this helped, have an amazing time in September and enjoy Leeds, it's amazing!

How
competitive is Central Village?
How
competitive is Central Village?

Very!!
Original post by SkittlesAreNom
Devonshire Halls is quite popular for music students due to the music rooms but I'm not entirely sure about whether it's an en-suite or not (it'll say on the site).

The majority have applied for Central Village and Leodis, so if you want your firm choice, I'd recommend just thinking of an alternative :smile:

(P.S what are you studying?)

Thanks! Yeah I saw about the music rooms at Devonshire, it's definitely a pro.. I've read a bit about James baillie and people seem to like it, any info on there? Where did you stay? And Ive applied for the music BA course :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest