The Student Room Group

Applying to Cranfield University to the Land Reclamation and Restoration MSc course

Hi folks,

I'm thinking about applying to Cranfield University to the Land Reclamation and Restoration MSc course, is anyone doing this course? Can you tell me about the course (attitude of teachers to teaching, how hands-on or research-oriented the course is, how commercially-minded etc)? After the course, do you get the sense that your career options are restricted to one of either academia or professional, or is the choice between the two still open?

Thanks =)
Reply 1
Hi StBebe - did you end up doing the course or finding out more about it? I have been thinking about it too but have not been able to find much independent reviews online. I have also been looking at similar MSc @ Eden Project in Cornwall.Thanks,Liz.
Original post by ladyleaf
Hi StBebe - did you end up doing the course or finding out more about it? I have been thinking about it too but have not been able to find much independent reviews online. I have also been looking at similar MSc @ Eden Project in Cornwall.Thanks,Liz.

Hi @StBebe, that is true, did you eventually come to Cranfield for the course MSc Land Reclamation and Restoration? It will be interesting to know how it went:smile:.

@ladyleaf, I am doing a PhD here at Cranfield but can help you find current and past students of this course in the next few days, hopefully. I would certainly tag you when I do so.

Best Regards,
Cranfield TSR Rep
Oke- PhD Student @Cranfield University
Original post by ladyleaf

Hi @ladyleaf

Thanks for holding on for this - I have checked with the admissions team and the course may not be returning for the 2019/ 2020 session. However, there are other Environment-related MSc courses which you are welcome to have a look at. Environmental Management for Business MSc, Atmospheric Emission Technology MSc, Environmental Engineering MSc and a few others.

Perhaps you can look at these and tell me what you think?

https://www.cranfield.ac.uk/themes/environment-and-agrifood/environment-courses

All the best and I hope to get a reply from you.

Kind Regards,
Cranfield TSR rep.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending