The Student Room Group
Libeskind Graduate Centre
London Metropolitan University
London

London Met Applicants 2015

Studying Law at London Met this September. Anybody else going to London Met and what are you studying? :smile:
Reply 1
Nope, What were your a level results?
Libeskind Graduate Centre
London Metropolitan University
London
Reply 2
BBC. Want a university that's close to me, also have my daughter to look after so it's convient
Reply 3
Original post by Natycookie
BBC. Want a university that's close to me, also have my daughter to look after so it's convient

Are you going to apply to any other higher unis?
Reply 4
Hello, it's me again and I have a new question!

So I applied for the Games modelling, animation and effects at London MET and on my ucas track it says that I have a conditional offer. Now I'm confused, I was 100% that a portfolio will be a must and that I need to present it before being given an offer.... Is it still going happen or can I move on???

It's so stressful.
Original post by akaiii
Hello, it's me again and I have a new question!

So I applied for the Games modelling, animation and effects at London MET and on my ucas track it says that I have a conditional offer. Now I'm confused, I was 100% that a portfolio will be a must and that I need to present it before being given an offer.... Is it still going happen or can I move on???

It's so stressful.

Sorry to hear you're finding it stressful! I've taken the liberty of running your question past a member of our admissions team and this is what they said:

"Hi there, if this applicant has received a Conditional offer, then this means it is subject to the applicant meeting a specified condition/s, this could be achieving a grade from a subject or passing a course, conditional offers may also be made pending an interview or portfolio assessment, so for example a student may have the minimum grades, but needs to have and interview and pass to secure an offer (such as social work or teacher training).
The portfolio assessment does not have to be done in person, tutors may ask applicants to send in work to be assessed by the admissions tutor. Some overseas applicants and applicants outside of London will be asked to send in evidence of work, such as photography, design drawings, music/film etc. In most cases interviews can be arranged over the phone or Skype.

On all offers letters it will state the condition for the applicant, ask that person to check their email and review the condition, it should state what is required.

I hope this information helps."

Essentially it means that the "condition" you need to meet might be the portfolio and that you should have received an email from us that will clarify everything...

Let me know if you're still confused and I'll try my best to find out what's going on.

Kind regards,
Simon

Quick Reply

Latest