The Student Room Group

Bank of England first year internship 2015

Anyone else applied for this? What stage in the application process are you at?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Just finishing my application! Do you know the dates for when the internship is running?
Woah, cutting it fine :P. Nope I just know I want it whenever it is!
Reply 3
Original post by dancingeconomist
Woah, cutting it fine :P. Nope I just know I want it whenever it is!

What uni are you at/course?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LFR
What uni are you at/course?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Economics at Bath, wbu?
Reply 5
Original post by dancingeconomist
Economics at Bath, wbu?

Economics and Management at Oxford, are you applying for any other internships over the summer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Me too :smile: applied yesterday like you haha, anyone heard back on the test?
Reply 7
Oooh and anyone know the dates? Got a lot of timetabling to do haha
Lol, just applied now, hopefully they don't judge on organised I was.

Do any of you know if we immediately do the tests of if we have pass a first round before we can even attempt them?
Nearly applied for this but saw the requirements!:cry:
Reply 10
Original post by emzlynn
Oooh and anyone know the dates? Got a lot of timetabling to do haha

Looking at last years from what someone posted on tsr it started 7th of July last year and went on for 6 weeks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by LFR
Looking at last years from what someone posted on tsr it started 7th of July last year and went on for 6 weeks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why do all my events overlap? Haha, thanks m80 :smile:
Original post by emzlynn
Why do all my events overlap? Haha, thanks m80 :smile:

From looking at last year's thread, it looks like there will be only around 15 places :frown:. But I thought that everyone gets invited to the test, but haven't received an invite yet
Reply 13
Original post by gerald131
From looking at last year's thread, it looks like there will be only around 15 places :frown:. But I thought that everyone gets invited to the test, but haven't received an invite yet

Not presuming I am in, don't get me wrong - my schedule is overlapping for that month without BofE but I would put it top of the list! That's sad :frown: Did the participants say that's how many there were on the internship or did you count the people that said they were in or another method to get that value?

I haven't heard anything on the test either :afraid:
Reply 14
Hey guys! I sent my application as soon as it was open. Haven't done the test yet I assumed you do it after your video interview at least.Just got my invitation for the video interview thing. Anyone got any advice or have friends that have done it already?

What area of the bank did you all request to be put in?
Reply 15
Original post by Annemn
Hey guys! I sent my application as soon as it was open. Haven't done the test yet I assumed you do it after your video interview at least.Just got my invitation for the video interview thing. Anyone got any advice or have friends that have done it already?

What area of the bank did you all request to be put in?

Hey! I applied to this like 3 weeks ago, and got the video interview thing on Tuesday. Was gonna do it today....did you do it? Do you think they selected us somehow or just gave it to everyone?
Guys! I thought that the deadline was in 72 hours. Why is there a notification that said we just have under 24 hours to complete it?
Original post by Mo1506
Hey! I applied to this like 3 weeks ago, and got the video interview thing on Tuesday. Was gonna do it today....did you do it? Do you think they selected us somehow or just gave it to everyone?

Just wondering if you done the interview?
Reply 18
Original post by IB Fanboy
Just wondering if you done the interview?

Not yet..I couldn't prepare yesterday, so was gonna do a biit of reading today and do it later.

My 72-hours deadline is supposed to be tomorrow evening, but I got that 24-hours notification last night too. Do you think mayybeeee that's an error..?
Original post by Mo1506
Not yet..I couldn't prepare yesterday, so was gonna do a biit of reading today and do it later.

My 72-hours deadline is supposed to be tomorrow evening, but I got that 24-hours notification last night too. Do you think mayybeeee that's an error..?

It could be. I wanted to do mine tomorrow, as I am currently away and couldn't find a secure place to do it. I hope it's not 12:00:00 am Friday.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending