The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Which Uni should I go to? Acc&Finance

Say, for instance, I receive offers from Manchester University, Bath University and Warwick University to study Accounting & Finance. Which one would be better to go to (from an employers perspective)? Basically, say if i applied to an accounting firm e.g. KPMG/Deloitte, would they even bother to look at current University rankings to compare these Uni's? or do they see them all as irrelevant and only seek candidates from Oxbridge. I mean, would it look better on my application if I was to graduate from Bath University as opposed to Warwick, or is there no difference (again, from the perspective of an employer)? I understand that the examples listed are top firms and competition is high, but is there anyone that has graduated from one of the above unis and has a placement within the top 5 accounting firms?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by UniApply
Say, for instance, I receive offers from Manchester University, Bath University and Warwick University to study Accounting & Finance. Which one would be better to go to (from an employers perspective)? Basically, say if i applied to an accounting firm e.g. KPMG/Deloitte, would they even bother to look at current University rankings to compare these Uni's? or do they see them all as irrelevant and only seek candidates from Oxbridge. I mean, would it look better on my application if I was to graduate from Bath University as opposed to Warwick, or is there no difference (again, from the perspective of an employer)? I understand that the examples listed are top firms and competition is high, but is there anyone that has graduated from one of the above unis and has a placement within the top 5 accounting firms?

Posted from TSR Mobile

They're all excellent universities, and I know that the big 4 accountancy firms go out of their way to recruit Manchester graduates - they can often be seen on campus, encouraging students to apply to their grad schemes. They wouldn't bother if they had no intention of employing Manchester graduates!

Have you you had a look at their websites to see what they say about which degrees they accept? If you're attending a UCAS convention then you should go along and speak to relevant employers, if they are there (they don't attend all of the conventions) - I know Deloitte, amongst others, attends UCAS conventions.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending