The Student Room Group

Why is talking to girls so hard?

Is it just me or is talking to the female sex incredibly difficult...

So many attractive girs everywhere and I just don't have the balls to talk to them... Did I miss the class on talking to them? Is there a secret code?

WHYYYYYYY! :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
To conquer fear, you must become fear.

Chop your balls off m8.
Don't think about them being girls and being attractive, just treat them as regular human beings you can have a fun conversation with...
Depends which girl you talk to really, some are just :facepalm2:

But seriously, we're still human. Just open your mouth and speak. There's no secret code :h:
Be interested as well as interesting :smile:

It can be tough, just try to find things you have in common with them and really listen to them.
My advice, start by talking to them online. It's easier not face to face, eventually you'll feel comfortable enough to do it in the real world. ^^
Is it not creepy to just walk up and start talking ?
Reply 7
because they like to play hard to get and love to see boys chase them around, get their hopes up then shoot them down in flames

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Depends which girl you talk to really, some are just :facepalm2:

But seriously, we're still human. Just open your mouth and speak. There's no secret code :h:

It would be easy to talk to you as you are a gunner!!!
It is very rare to find girls that like football in my college:frown:

I also have the same problem as OP but I have started talking to girls in my classes (just the girls who sit next to me) but if it was for a girl who I am attracted to and have never had a conversation with them I would be over thinking like mad and my eyes would probably pop out like ozil:tongue: and I just don't want the end of the year to come and I haven't spoken to my crush:redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Because they have this. :colone:

Original post by Ryan_Anthony_

You gotta wait for the right opportunities and events to happen :wink:
Or like I said earlier add one of them on fb or whatever and just say hi?
Is it just me or is talking to the female sex incredibly difficult...

So many attractive girs everywhere and I just don't have the balls to talk to them... Did I miss the class on talking to them? Is there a secret code?

WHYYYYYYY! :frown:

Get both of you drunk. Mankind discovered fermentation for a reason.
Original post by Raiden10
Get both of you drunk. Mankind discovered fermentation for a reason.

Not old enough unfortunatley :frown: Only 17 and don't get invited to many parties
Not old enough unfortunatley :frown: Only 17 and don't get invited to many parties

Just wait for uni then, it's only a year. I'm 26 17-18 is nuthin to me ha

Seriously, the ability of chatting to girls whilst sober is a rare talent.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Raiden10
Just wait for uni then, it's only a year. I'm 26 17-18 is nuthin to me ha

Seriously, the ability of chatting to girls whilst sober is a rare talent.

I feel talented now :tongue:
But seriously, using alcohol brings the risks of short term relationships.
Since once she sobers up, will she still be into you?
In the words of Hodgetwins we're all eating, living, *******, breathing creatures. They ain't from another planet.
I'm loving all the equality comments but come on guys you can't pretend you've never felt a bit anxious confessing your love to someone x3
Because all girls are bat **** crazy

No way! Not enough guys do this imo.

Original post by ProNoob
It would be easy to talk to you as you are a gunner!!!
It is very rare to find girls that like football in my college:frown:

I also have the same problem as OP but I have started talking to girls in my classes (just the girls who sit next to me) but if it was for a girl who I am attracted to and have never had a conversation with them I would be over thinking like mad and my eyes would probably pop out like ozil:tongue: and I just don't want the end of the year to come and I haven't spoken to my crush:redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aw haha :h: I guess being a gooner is a great conversation starter really.

Sometimes you just have to think of them as not being your crush and it would make things easier. I guess it's a little different at uni, people just spontaneously talk to you (at my uni anyway) just don't think too much about it and go for it, not thinking is sometimes better :wink:
I think I can safety say, as a girl, in order to speak to one of us you just have to take in to perspective that no matter what comes out of your mouth at that precise moment(as long as it's not peculiarly dirty or incredibly offensive) the girl will like it and will go away from that convo feeling good. Just remember we feel the same about this sort of thing...most of the time.

Quick Reply

Latest