The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

LCF fashion styling and production

I got into LCF for fashion styling and production starting next year. I was wondering others that will be going on this course too I go to Camberwell College of Art at the moment but it seems that no one else has got in on the cours. I thought if would be nice to get to know others before going. Iam also looking for potential flatmates because I live within the greater London area and will not get halls. Hopefully there will be some replies! :wink:

Scroll to see replies

Hi, can you tell me how the interview is at London College of Fashion (LCF) for the program: BA (Hons) Fashion Styling and Production? will we discuss my portfolio?
(edited 9 years ago)
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Original post by JenniLang
Hi, can you tell me how the interview is at London College of Fashion (LCF) for the program: BA (Hons) Fashion Styling and Production? will we discuss my portfolio?

Hi, well i can't really tell you about the normal interview process because I did an internal progression activity as both Camberwell and LCF are part of the UAL. They will definately discuss your portfolio as it strongly reflects your personality and visual aesthetic, be yourself and be confident, they are just other human beings at the end of the day and try to prepare for any potential question that relates to fashion styling. I hope that helps in a general way :smile: Are you applying next year?
(edited 9 years ago)
please someone else reply to me!

yes, i apply for fall 2015. did you apply as well?
do you know how to get housing from UAL? im with my boy friend... do you think they have single apartments?
Original post by katharine-nixon
I got into LCF for fashion styling and production starting next year. I was wondering others that will be going on this course too I go to Camberwell College of Art at the moment but it seems that no one else has got in on the cours. I thought if would be nice to get to know others before going. Iam also looking for potential flatmates because I live within the greater London area and will not get halls. Hopefully there will be some replies! :wink:

Hey I think I've already applied to you on another thread but I thought I'd pop up on here too :P
@ellesimlett: can you comment my question?
Original post by ellesimlett
Hey I think I've already applied to you on another thread but I thought I'd pop up on here too :P

:confused: I never got your reply on the other thread? Do you mind writing out your response again? Are you looking to flat with anyone?
please someone else reply to me!

yes, i apply for fall 2015. did you apply as well?
do you know how to get housing from UAL? im with my boy friend... do you think they have single apartments?

I am sorry, I did try to give you adivce wven though the circumstances are different. yes i got a place for september 2015. You can get residence in halls but there is no apartments just single rooms, if you want an apartment with your boyfriend you would have to live out.
(edited 9 years ago)
Hi, can you tell me how the interview is at London College of Fashion (LCF)? will the discuss my portfolio?
@ellesimlett: can you comment my question?

Hi Jenni! Of course I'll try and help the best I can :smile: Your portfolio is massively important in showing off your skill range and the quality of your work, but also what your own style is and where your strengths are. At my interview for Styling, the course leader and a fellow tutor looked through my portfolio with me there with me talking through it with them, and then they asked me to pick out one specific piece/project that I felt was my favourite/strongest and talk in detail about it, and they proceeded to ask me questions about it. Your portfolio is so important so make sure your quality of work and the lay out is crisp and professional looking. I also took along two of my sketch books which I always carry around with me to collage or do quick sketches in and to brain storm my ideas. They also asked me about my other interested and what I enjoy outside of styling and fashion, although they expect you to know your stuff within fashion and styling. At the end of the day you need to just been yourself and don't fake or lie about anything because they will find you/catch you out :wink: hope my reply helps!
:confused: I never got your reply on the other thread? Do you mind writing out your response again? Are you looking to flat with anyone?

Hi Katharine! That's weird?! Oh well! I'm going to be in halls for the first year but then I'll obviously be in private housing for the second and third year :smile:
Hi Katharine! That's weird?! Oh well! I'm going to be in halls for the first year but then I'll obviously be in private housing for the second and third year :smile:

I know right?! its nice to finally talk to someone going on the same course as me. That's a shame, do you have facebook? :smile:
I know right?! its nice to finally talk to someone going on the same course as me. That's a shame, do you have facebook? :smile:

Same yeah I'm trying to get to know a few people! Yeah I do just type in Ellie Simlett and my profile picture is the same as the one on here!
Is there anyone else that would like to get know people and has got into LCF for fashion styling and production?! I know it is a niche course but hoping there are some others that are going to accept the place :biggrin:
Is there anyone else that would like to get know people and has got into LCF for fashion styling and production?! I know it is a niche course but hoping there are some others that are going to accept the place :biggrin:

Hey, I accepted my place for Fashion Styling & Production in September you're like the first person I've come across who's also doing this course! Where will you hopefully be living?
Original post by rosaaloia
Hey, I accepted my place for Fashion Styling & Production in September you're like the first person I've come across who's also doing this course! Where will you hopefully be living?

Hey I'm doing fashion styling and production too!
Hey I'm doing fashion styling and production too!

ahh my God! Where are you hoping to stay? Halls or elsewhere??
Hi, do you have facebook? I am going to flat share in shepards bush with a few people from LCF that will be also going to lime grove :smile:
Hi, do you have facebook? I am going to flat share in shepards bush with a few people from LCF that will be also going to lime grove :smile:

ahh that's cool man & yeah just type in "Rosa Aloia" and i should be there!
Original post by rosaaloia
ahh my God! Where are you hoping to stay? Halls or elsewhere??

I've applied for Halls! you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending