The Student Room Group

OCR source of law G152

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by LaurenceJ96
image.jpg

Are these the sort of questions expected?

precedent is less likely however if it was to come up the supreme court and avoiding precedent is most likely to come up so the practise statement comes under that so probably and law commission is also likely along with legislation and delegated legislation
Original post by kreacherluke
DL is a definite. If legislation is on there I won't mind

I know precedent is less likely, but very much possible, I mean it was on the paper 3 times in a row between June 2010 and June 2011 so I'm hoping they do that again.. But I very much doubt it

I do think EU law and DL will be on though

Well I didn't learn EU law. But yh I agree. If DL and Legislation comes up, that'd be great.
Reply 82
Original post by LegalTroubles
Well I didn't learn EU law. But yh I agree. If DL and Legislation comes up, that'd be great.

The effectiveness of DL is just the advantages and disadvantages right??
Original post by aimzh
The effectiveness of DL is just the advantages and disadvantages right??

No. Not really. You have to revise the effectiveness of the controls and the disadvantages and advantages, which are two different things
How did it go?
Original post by 0123456543210
How did it go?

Imo the worst of all my exams! The source material was excrusiating is that a word idk anymore arghhhhh

I didnt even finish
That sources of law exam was the death of me ugghhh ... Here goes my U :frown:
I wanted DL to come up so badly! I know it inside out... so annoyed

How did you guys find it ?
Reply 87
Original post by dariawarda21
That sources of law exam was the death of me ugghhh ... Here goes my U :frown:
I wanted DL to come up so badly! I know it inside out... so annoyed

How did you guys find it ?

That exam went so bad , why the golden rule of all things:frown: ive so failed
Original post by Josh_c12
That exam went so bad , why the golden rule of all things:frown: ive so failed

I had no clue about the golden rule, haven't revised it at all and went blank for the whole exam ... my class wasn't even taught the EU law :frown:
I revised EU law so much, saw it was like YAY, read the questions and my first thought was WHAT THE **** IS THAT EVEN ASKING?!?

Posted from TSR Mobile
What even was part b
Reply 91
Original post by inthechaos
I revised EU law so much, saw it was like YAY, read the questions and my first thought was WHAT THE **** IS THAT EVEN ASKING?!?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I totally agree with you! The source we were given for EU was limited and it was hard to quote the questions to the source.

I done EU as I didn't revise statutory. The statutory and legislation side looked sooo easy, and I knew I could of aced it if I had done like 10 minutes of revision on it prior, but I just had to do EU and I'm pissed :/
1st question on legislation was a gift, then it went down the hill. C question especially, just WTF?
hi,does anyone know what mark you have to get in english legal system to get a C overall in AS if you got a D for sources of law
Anyone who did the legislation/stat interpretation q how did you part b? I felt like going through all 4 rules and applying it to each case was a bit much to do in 5 minutes. Ended up spending so much time on it I didn't finish cii. Did anyone else think it was too much for 5 marks?
I MIS-READ THE FIRST QUESTION ON LEGISLATION/STAT INTERPRETATION 😭😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 96
That was so disgusting, I blanked on the two c questions so bad. I tried to write whatever I could but i don't think it went well.

Those sources were so hard as well! I could barely mention them! The only one I thought was okay was the first question, but even that was. A push for me
Reply 97
You need around 72 marks out of 120 to get a C in the ELS, depending on grade boundaries
Original post by Kelem
You need around 72 marks out of 120 to get a C in the ELS, depending on grade boundaries

ok,but do i need to get in english legal sytem if i got a D in source of law to overall C
Reply 99
Original post by crazy2015
ok,but do i need to get in english legal sytem if i got a D in source of law to overall C

You keep saying a D in the sources. It doesn't add up by grades, it adds up by marks.

You need around 120 marks out of 200 for a C from both the ELS paper and Sources. If you got 72 on the ELS, you would need around 37 marks on sources

The sources is out of 60, so you divide what score you got by 6 and times by 80 to make it out of 80,

Quick Reply

Latest