The Student Room Group
Campus, Anglo European College of Chiropractic
AECC University College

Anglo-European College of Chiropractic Applicants 2015

Hello!

From experience, I know that choosing and starting a university can be a bit scary so here is an opportunity for you to get to know each other.

Feel free to ask any questions you may have about anything uni or AECC related and I will try to help you out.

Andy,

2nd Year Chiropractic Student
Hi Andy,
I was just wondering how hard it is to get a accommodation sorted out, is it a really complicated process and what would be the best way to approach the situation?
Campus, Anglo European College of Chiropractic
AECC University College
Original post by Beatcontroll
Hi Andy,
I was just wondering how hard it is to get a accommodation sorted out, is it a really complicated process and what would be the best way to approach the situation?

Hi!

If you decide to come and study with us, you'll get a list of properties available to rent from the AECC SU as part of your welcome pack. Generally speaking it's not that hard, I think the student body has taken over most of the houses near the college! And a lot of our students live at most 5/10 minutes away from college. You will have to find and arrange you're own accommodation, but usually what happens is students get together on a Facebook fresher's page and find people to live with. The SU is always on hand to offer help and advice on finding accommodation. If you'd like I can find the SU email address or college number (when calling directly, you have to call reception and then request to be transferred to the SU) and they can provide you with more information on local landlords and finding accommodation :smile:

If you have any more questions please feel free to contact me :smile:

Andy
Year 2 chiropractic student
Reply 3
Hi,
I'm hoping to start on year one this coming September but is all dependent on my a level results. So for accommodation what would you advise doing? To have a house lined up before the results then confirm after, or the few weeks after results sort it all out then?
Original post by Marcus3
Hi,
I'm hoping to start on year one this coming September but is all dependent on my a level results. So for accommodation what would you advise doing? To have a house lined up before the results then confirm after, or the few weeks after results sort it all out then?

Hi Marcus :smile:

After A-level results are confirmed you'll receive an information pack from the AECC with a list of student houses and landlords (among other things). You should have plenty of time from when you receive this pack to organise accommodation for yourself, but if you want to be a bit more pro-active you can contact the landlords directly as a prospective AECC student and get the ball rolling (send the College SU an email and ask for information on landlords [email protected] ). There is also a facebook group 'AECC student accomodation' where current and prospective students post up adverts for houses they are leaving, or rooms they have available in their student houses, so you could have a look at that if you like and get some ideas. Some Fresher's also use this group to get a student house together.

If you have any further questions please feel free to contact me :smile:

Good luck with your exam results and I hope to see you in September!

Andy
Yr.2 chiropractic student

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending