The Student Room Group

Sticks and Stones

Some of the chavvy guys/ girls my age (late teens/ 20s) just yelled at me as I walked back to my student house, calling me a "fat bitch" and saying I was so big I looked "pregnant" (the last part being *******s cos my stomach is as flat as a pancake and my waist is little.)

Point being, I'm really really upset and I wouldn't normally be. I'm a very confident person and I don't normally get verbal assault off randoms. I'm not huge per se, (8/10 top and 12 bottom... 10 stone 9lbs, and I'm 5'7 and female...quite muscley too) but I have put on about 7lbs recently, and it shows on my thighs, bum and face more than anywhere. I've been sensibly dieting for a week and it's working but this has just reaffirmed how **** I was feeling about myself. I used to have an eating disorder too so I'm quite screwed up about this sort of thing anyway.

Sorry for the rant, not really sure even what response I'm after.

Scroll to see replies

If you're losing weight then the best way to shut them up is to keep at it.

Most people wouldn't just randomly abuse people like that. Unfortunately you have been victim to something increasingly common in the country, the scummy chav culture.
Just ignore them, they are clearly insecure themselves if they feel the need to shout abuse at you.
you always get idiots who do stuff like that, in my experience, I've had people shout stuff from cars on more than one occasion, I don't know why they bother to do it because I can never understand/hear a word their saying anyway, in fact I had it twice last night although that was more humorous than offensive. Some girls in a limo driving past shouted 'ghostbusters' from the window (still trying to work out why) and someone from a taxi shouted 'fancy a shag' although I'm not sure if that was directed at me or not because there were other people in the vicinity.

Anyway, not alot you can do really but just ignore them, peopel who do stuff like that just look stupid and their probably only doing it beause their insecure themselves therefore they feel the need to put others down.
Have u ever seen them before? Have u ever bitched about them? Have u insulted them in anyway? Because I don't think they literally mean that u r fat or anything but its just a way of saying that they don't like u, and there may be a reason for that. If not, then ignore them, like u said they are chavvy girls, who gives a f*** what they think?
Carl1982
Just ignore them, they are clearly insecure themselves if they feel the need to shout abuse at you.

That's not true. They're probably just bastards.
Reply 6
Cheers guys for your comments, made me feel slightly better...rationally I know I shouldn't be upset- normally I get compliments rather than put-downs-but it just compounded how I feel about myself. Ah well.

^^And nope, never given them evils/ dissed them. Have walked past them before yeah cos they live on my road but I just don't really make eye-contact with people who seem aggressive/ lairy.
Sexy Plexi
^^And nope, never given them evils/ dissed them. Have walked past them before yeah cos they live on my road but I just don't really make eye-contact with people who seem aggressive/ lairy.

Chavs sense weakness and prey on people who avoid eye contact.

Then again, some will start on you if you make eye contact, so you can't win really.
Eblis_O'_Shaughnessy
That's not true. They're probably just bastards.

Yes some people are bastards and got nothing to do, but some people do insult others because they are insecure about themselves and in order to make themselves feel better they have a go at others, yes they are sad but some people do that.
Reply 9
Eblis_O'_Shaughnessy
Chavs sense weakness and prey on people who avoid eye contact.

Then again, some will start on you if you make eye contact, so you can't win really.

Yeah true, you really can't win can you! Normally I do make eye-contact/ acknowledge/ smile at people.. everyone does where I'm from... in the city though, it appears people just assume you're crazy/ going to ask them to do a survey or that you're coming onto them.
Carl1982
Yes some people are bastards and got nothing to do, but some people do insult others because they are insecure about themselves and in order to make themselves feel better they have a go at others, yes they are sad but some people do that.

I reckon most who do it are just bastards.
Sexy Plexi
Yeah true, you really can't win can you! Normally I do make eye-contact/ acknowledge/ smile at people.. everyone does where I'm from... in the city though, it appears people just assume you're crazy/ going to ask them to do a survey or coming onto you.

People who come up to you to get you to give to charity or do surveys are easy to deal with. You can just act like a psychopath to them (stare at them really intensely and talk about the voices in your head) or start hitting on them really heavily and talking about what a beautiful ass they have (this works brilliantly if you're the same sex as them), pretend to be foreign, start singing a song to them really loudly, whatever, just make it clear you're not going to be discussing what they want to discuss.
Eblis_O'_Shaughnessy
I reckon most who do it are just bastards.

Yes thats why most do it because they are simply sad, but some people do it for many reasons but there is no excuse for it really.
I don't think there is any need to put a show on, just say your not interested, thats what I do and if anyone tries handing me one of them crappy nightclub leaflets, I just say no thanks
britishseapower
I don't think there is any need to put a show on, just say your not interested, thats what I do and if anyone tries handing me one of them crappy nightclub leaflets, I just say no thanks

It's not about needing to put a show on, it's just a laugh. That and the fact that they think nothing of coming up and bothering you while you're mid-conversation, so why should you feel guilty about freaking them out and making them feel uncomfortable?
I doubt it would freak them out, their probably use to it but yeah, it is comical, my mate dived to the ground when one of them personal injury people approached him and it really looked like a genuine fall
I just remembered a line by Roy Chubby Brown when the crowd were chating 'you fat bastard' he said 'I can loose weight, you'll always be ugly bastards'
britishseapower
I just remembered a line by Roy Chubby Brown when the crowd were chating 'you fat bastard' he said 'I can loose weight, you'll always be ugly bastards'

You know what, I feel really good now.. thanks guys! So what if I've put on a bit of weight? I'm tackling that already and know I can do it- it's not like it's impossible! I'm a nice person..they're the bitter ***** who've got nothing better to do than hang round in front of their houses waiting to insult people they don't know.
Reply 17
I'd have just told them to get a job and an IQ... or found something sharp and small or big and blunt.
Reply 18
you should have done a strip tease
Chavs? Chavs don't know left from right let alone common decency. If you are going to listen to the random thought sparks of anyone, at least let it be from someone who actually has a brain and and ability to think for themself, rather than a herd of hormone driven teenagers who dont have 2 brain cells between them, who as far as i am concerned can rub those two brain cells together and make a fire coz at least then they can be of some use.

Latest

Trending

Trending