The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

Scottish University Fees

I am a Northern Irish student thinking of studying at St. Andrew's once I have finished my alevels. I was just wondering why Scottish and abroad students have reduced fees, about £2000 per year, whilst other UK students pay the full £9000 per year.

Why do the universities charge non Scottish UK students more?
Reply 1
Original post by DylanJ42
I am a Northern Irish student thinking of studying at St. Andrew's once I have finished my alevels. I was just wondering why Scottish and abroad students have reduced fees, about £2000 per year, whilst other UK students pay the full £9000 per year.

Why do the universities charge non Scottish UK students more?

I think its because of a loophole in some EU law that they're not allowed to discriminate against European students but because English/Welsh/N.I. students are technically all part of the UK so they can do what they like.
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 2
Original post by Oxy
I think its because of a loophole in some EU law that they're not allowed to discriminate against European students but because English/Welsh/N.I. students are technically all part of the UK so they can do what they like.

That's really crappy :frown: although even for £9000 a year it's probably still worth it, it seems like a great university

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending