The Student Room Group

Considering to go into pharmacy/ Advice neededd

I want to go into pharmacy/bioscience for uni, i do AS Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Philosophy And Ethics (RE). I am currently struggling in maths and with 2 month left till the exam i feel like i should drop the subject as my predicted grade is very low and i am scared that if i dont do so well my APS score will be lower due to it.

If i go proceed to drop AS maths before the exam, and carry on with my other 3 subject, will i still be able to do pharmacy? Also i got an A for GCSE maths... Please help, and also please recommend any good uni's for this course !! Thankss
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in Puddles the Monkey now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Spoiler

Reply 2
Original post by Tee15
I want to go into pharmacy/bioscience for uni, i do AS Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Philosophy And Ethics (RE). I am currently struggling in maths and with 2 month left till the exam i feel like i should drop the subject as my predicted grade is very low and i am scared that if i dont do so well my APS score will be lower due to it.

If i go proceed to drop AS maths before the exam, and carry on with my other 3 subject, will i still be able to do pharmacy? Also i got an A for GCSE maths... Please help, and also please recommend any good uni's for this course !! Thankss

You might run into problems without a 4th AS level. It depends what universities you are considering? The top universities will almost certainly require a 4th AS level, but there are other universities which base their entry requirements on UCAS tariff points or may be more flexible, so this may not be an issue. It would be best to check the entry requirements for a range of uni's so you can see how you would be affected.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending