The Student Room Group

maths/chemistry/maths and further

if anyone does/done all four of these is it bearable because it seems like the only way i can manage to keep my options fair open but head into a scientific root
helpppppp

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Suraj.k
if anyone does/done all four of these is it bearable because it seems like the only way i can manage to keep my options fair open but head into a scientific root
helpppppp

What? Maths, Chemistry, Maths and Further Maths. You can't do Maths twice.
Reply 2
Original post by Raymat
What? Maths, Chemistry, Maths and Further Maths. You can't do Maths twice.

okay okay maths once lol
You mean further additional maths?

better off doing phy rather than chem tbh
Original post by Suraj.k
okay okay maths once lol

Easily doable. I know a person who did Maths, Chemistry, Further Maths and Economics and got AABB respectively. He dropped Further Maths after AS though.
Reply 5
Original post by Suraj.k
helpppppp

meant biology chemsitry, maths and further
Original post by Suraj.k
helpppppp

*route, help

I do/have done all of these plus biology. They are good subjects.
Reply 7
Original post by EmmaBxoxo
You mean further additional maths?

better off doing phy rather than chem tbh

dont really enjoy physics- too hard ahaha, and i cannot figure our what i want to do, like go down a medicne /chemical or finance/maths root
My order of favourite to least favourite that I am doing/have done:

Biology
Chemistry (close second)
Physics
Geology
Maths
Further Maths

I love chemistry and enjoy the pure side of maths (C1, C2, FP1) and statistics, but despise mechanics.

I think they're bearable certainly!
Reply 9
Original post by morgan8002
*route, help

I do/have done all of these plus biology. They are good subjects.

ooo you do biology too! i like all the subjects but dont know whether it would be too hard to do them all, as the sciences involve vast amounts of revision(biology especially) and maths will take a lot of time to understand, i already have all the entry requirements for all
I do biology and chemistry. In all honesty, I prefer chemistry to biology haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Cadherin

Biology
Chemistry (close second)
Physics
Geology
Maths
Further Maths

I love chemistry and enjoy the pure side of maths (C1, C2, FP1) and statistics, but despise mechanics.

Wow, quadruple science and double maths. Are you doing all of these to A2 as well?

Original post by Suraj.k
ooo you do biology too! i like all the subjects but dont know whether it would be too hard to do them all, as the sciences involve vast amounts of revision(biology especially) and maths will take a lot of time to understand, i already have all the entry requirements for all

I'd say give it a go. You don't know whether you are capable of it unless you try.
Wow, quadruple science and double maths. Are you doing all of these to A2 as well?

I'd say give it a go. You don't know whether you are capable of it unless you try.

I did biology in Y10 and Y11 and geology in Y11 and am doing chemistry, physics, maths and further now and plan on continuing them to A2. :smile:
I think it's impossible to say until you get your GCSE results and know what you're really capable of as it's doable, but A/B grades are only likely if you're a majority A*/A student at gcse

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Original post by Johann von Gauss
You good at maths then?

i got an A* at gcse in year 10 and i am now undergoing algebra 3 in year 11- so im alright
Reply 15

Biology
Chemistry (close second)
Physics
Geology
Maths
Further Maths

what is further maths like, because im going on the fact that further and maths kind of merge into one massive subject, just one harder than the other
Reply 16
Original post by faggstagram
I think it's impossible to say until you get your GCSE results and know what you're really capable of as it's doable, but A/B grades are only likely if you're a majority A*/A student at gcse

Posted from TSR Mobile

i done maths, chemistry, biology a year early and got an A*, but i assume a levels as vastly harder than these
Reply 17

not really sure, i assume by next year ill know what i like and dont, and ill see from there, because i have no aspirations at the moment, except for wanting a high salaried job hehe
Original post by Suraj.k
what is further maths like, because im going on the fact that further and maths kind of merge into one massive subject, just one harder than the other

C1 - peasy, should be aiming for full UMS
C2 - peasy, should be aiming for full UMS
S1 - slightly tedious, but not too difficult if you can be bothered to learn the content
S2 - slightly tedious, but not too difficult if you can be bothered to learn the content
M1 - dull and quite tricky! (If you're lucky, your school may let you choose just stats and perhaps FP3).

It does 'merge' somewhat, but FP1/FP2 will allow you to discover a whole new world of maths! (Matrices, complex/imaginary numbers, properties of polynomial roots, polar coordinates, more hyperbolic functions and properties of curves and inequalities), so should be very interesting for you if you enjoy the pure side of maths.
C1 - peasy, should be aiming for full UMS
C2 - peasy, should be aiming for full UMS
S1 - slightly tedious, but not too difficult if you can be bothered to learn the content
S2 - slightly tedious, but not too difficult if you can be bothered to learn the content
M1 - dull and quite tricky! (If you're lucky, your school may let you choose just stats and perhaps FP3).

It does 'merge' somewhat, but FP1/FP2 will allow you to discover a whole new world of maths! (Matrices, complex/imaginary numbers, properties of polynomial roots, polar coordinates, more hyperbolic functions and properties of curves and inequalities), so should be very interesting for you if you enjoy the pure side of maths.

I'd say M1 is about as easy as C2 personally.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply