The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Flashing Comet
Because the jews did not originate from scotland or ireland or england derp

Jews did not only originate in Jerusalem, they are connected to Babylon and many cities within Mesopotamia, also only a 'derp' would assume Jerusalem 'belongs' to the Jewish people.
Original post by yo radical one
I'll say what I want, but don't ever think that Dhimmi status is full rights

Yes you can say what you want, I was merely suggesting the universal method of safeguarding your integrity while doing so...

A Dhimmi is under government protection, has the freedom to openly practice and preach their religion, the right to their own religious buildings and trade, they keep their land and grow their own crops. They can do EVERYTHING a Muslim can do...
Now please explain which rights are being withheld from them?
Original post by Fanatical Geek

It's hardly surprising that in the real world a lot of Muslim Palestinians get angry when their country gets replaced by a Jewish Israel

It wasn't "replaced"; there was no nation-state called "Palestine" before that, simply a mandate.

The United Nations decided to assign the majority Jewish areas to a Jewish state, and majority Muslim areas to a Muslim state. What exactly is objectionable about that? Unless you're claiming Islam has some kind of inherent claim on the land of Palestine, and that Muslims have an inherent right not to have to be under a government composed of Jews?
Original post by Zahra96
To hell with Israel.

Posted from TSR Mobile

They can save you a seat if you keep up this behaviour. Way to spread the peace and benefit this discussion.
Original post by ruqaiyah.akhtar

A Dhimmi is under government protection, has the freedom to openly practice and preach their religion, the right to their own religious buildings and trade, they keep their land and grow their own crops. They can do EVERYTHING a Muslim can do...

Then why do they need to pay extra taxes?
Original post by Flashing Comet
what stats do you require for rotherham or 7/7. You are the one avoiding the issue, its not going to work

What issue am I avoiding?

I accepted that Muslims have committed crimes, I said they don't represent the entire Muslim faith - which they don't.

YOU are avoiding the fact that YOU provided statistics about stuff "Jews don't" do and now you won't tell me where you got them from. I'm sensing that's because you made them up.

Oh, and it wasn't just Muslims in Rotherham - there were plenty of people of various faiths and backgrounds involved.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by young_guns

It was so that they needn't join the military in their country...

Posted from TSR Mobile

For the protection and all of these rights ofcourse!
Muslims pay a zakat tax of 2.5% and dhimmi's pay a khiraj of a price fixed by the judge of that city... It is an economic system that provides equality and safety for everyone in it. I'm sorry I don't see how you see a problem with it?
I'm sorry but this is the point of genuine laughter. Wasn't it a point of humour when people labelled Jews to be 'evil' and 'bad natured', it was considered mythical and anti-semetic? But when the same methodology is used to describe Islam it's ok? Please state these 'evil ideologies' of Islam and provide strength to your feeble statement.

They won't - they won't even acknowledge the stats they brought up - which is simply fantastic.

Posted from TSR Mobile
In is mentioned in the Taurah how the Jews were exhiled from their Holy Land therefore ownership is no longer in their hands, subsequently handing over ownership to the next settlers; the Arabs. So yes it is Arab land.

So you're saying if someone is defeated in battle and then leaves, they hand over ownership of the land? Excellent, that means the Arabs have handed over ownership to the next settlers; the Jews (who are the indigenous race anyway, as you have admitted, so it's hardly an injustice)
For the protection and all of these rights ofcourse!
Muslims pay a zakat tax of 2.5% and dhimmi's pay a khiraj of a price fixed by the judge of that city

So Muslims pay a zakat tax that goes purely to benefit other Muslims, and other religions pay a tax that goes to benefit everyone.

Presumably you won't mind then if British Muslims are required to pay an extra tax "for their protection"?
It wasn't "replaced"; there was no nation-state called "Palestine" before that, simply a mandate.

The United Nations decided to assign the majority Jewish areas to a Jewish state, and majority Muslim areas to a Muslim state. What exactly is objectionable about that? Unless you're claiming Islam has some kind of inherent claim on the land of Palestine, and that Muslims have an inherent right not to have to be under a government composed of Jews?

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1426366252.179599.jpg

Official plan for the partition

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1426366310.144773.jpg

Official UN breakdown of the population, between the Jewish and Islamic faiths.

If they were putting the state in "majority Jewish" areas, it would never have existed.

EDIT: In fact, if anything they got it the complete wrong way round.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Now some israelis are cool people but Why would anyone embrace a terrorist nation? Israel is illegal all over anyway and shouldnt exist in the first place

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 93
They can save you a seat if you keep up this behaviour. Way to spread the peace and benefit this discussion.

Im sorry but what did you want me to say?

Posted from TSR Mobile
They won't - they won't even acknowledge the stats they brought up - which is simply fantastic.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It sounds like deep rooted arrogance cause by a severe ignorance of how to co-exist in a multi-faith society.
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1426366252.179599.jpg

Official plan for the partition

Official UN breakdown of the population, between the Jewish and Islamic faiths.

The second chart isn't a breakdown of population, it's a breakdown of land ownership.

There were about 600,000 Jews and 1.2 million Arabs. The Arabs got the majority of the inhabited central areas, whereas the Jews got a lot of desert.

The whole point of the way it was partitioned was that the Jews could command a majority in the areas they were assigned, and the Arabs could command a majority in their areas.
(edited 9 years ago)
So you're saying if someone is defeated in battle and then leaves, they hand over ownership of the land? Excellent, that means the Arabs have handed over ownership to the next settlers; the Jews (who are the indigenous race anyway, as you have admitted, so it's hardly an injustice)

Lol, i admire your efforts but no. Judaism is a religion, hence the sheer impossibility of 'defeat'. They were banished by God for their sins (not my words, the words of the Taurah) therefore stripping them of their ownership and cursing them to a lifetime of bewilderment. All of this is fact, please feel free to do your research to confirm this is the truth resulting in your point being made invalid.
The second chart isn't a breakdown of population, it's a breakdown of land ownership.

There were about 600,000 Jews and 1.2 million Arabs. The Arabs got the majority of the inhabited central areas, whereas the Jews got a lot of desert.

Oh you're right - my bad. I guess there is no point arguing over history now - solutions? Independent city anybody?

Posted from TSR Mobile
So Muslims pay a zakat tax that goes purely to benefit other Muslims, and other religions pay a tax that goes to benefit everyone.

Presumably you won't mind then if British Muslims are required to pay an extra tax "for their protection"?

Muslims pay this zakat as a stipulation from God, along with this stipulated came the recipients which happened to be the destitute Muslims, travellers and the needy. The order of Khiraj was also stipulated from God and that tax is used to benefit the Dhimmi's also, hence why no Dhimmi has ever campaigned against it, they know the justice that is being done upon them.

Lastly Britain prides itself on being a democratic society therefore religious law is not implemented. Islamic countries and run by Islamic law hence the 'tax' if Chritsian/Catholic law commanded a tax for people of different religions then yes people would have to pay the tax.
I hope this has cleared up any of your misconceptions.
Original post by Zahra96
Im sorry but what did you want me to say?

Posted from TSR Mobile

'' silence is better than bad talk '' - Rasoolullah (SAW)

Don't take my advice, take his (pbuh).

Latest

Trending

Trending