The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
because if you're Jewish you support the Jews. If your Palestinian you support the Palestinians. Generally speaking.

That's how the world works. Generally speaking.
The Holy Land is the scene of Our Lord's Miraculous Incarnation and Life and Cruel Death and then the Glorious Resurrection.
It is very sad that the inhabitants of this very special place cannot live in peace together.
I'm sure that Muslims could accept a Jewish faith in Palestine.

It's hardly surprising that in the real world a lot of Muslim Palestinians get angry when their country gets replaced by a Jewish Israel - a decision that was largely made by the victors of WW2.

Nationalistic pride will reach all time highs (extremely high in this case) when your country literally gets "wiped off the map"

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
I'm not Jewish but support Isreal
Original post by sdotd
I'm not Jewish but support Isreal

And in the same way I'm not Muslim but support Palestine.

Well sort of anyway, I think there should be two countries and Jerusalem should be a neutral independent state like the Vatican is.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by Fanatical Geek
And in the same way I'm not Muslim but support Palestine.

Well sort of anyway, I think there should be two countries and Jerusalem should be a neutral independent state like the Vatican is.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Jewish people need Isreal. Where else would they go? They are constantly persecuted throughout history and is still evident today.
Original post by sdotd
Jewish people need Isreal. Where else would they go? They are constantly persecuted throughout history and is still evident today.

Does that give them the right to completely replace a predominantly Muslim nation without asking? I don't think so.

The key is education and mutual understanding.

Sadly, all that happens is terrorism, then bombing, then more terrorism.

That's why I think the best solution is a mutual split - of course the negotiations for said split would be very tough indeed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
I'm sure that Muslims could accept a Jewish faith in Palestine.

It's hardly surprising that in the real world a lot of Muslim Palestinians get angry when their country gets replaced by a Jewish Israel - a decision that was largely made by the victors of WW2.

Nationalistic pride will reach all time highs (extremely high in this case) when your country literally gets "wiped off the map"

Posted from TSR Mobile

The Israeli military force don't represent the Jewish faith....I'm guessing Palestinians have an issue with being persecuted and having their homes stolen from them...the huge number of Jews against the Israelis' treatment of the Palestinians show the issue isn't the intolerance of the Jewish faith but rather being against a state convicted of war crimes. With an atheist president I doubt Israel's current actions represent any form of Jewish faith or teaching.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Does that give them the right to completely replace a predominantly Muslim nation without asking? I don't think so.

The key is education and mutual understanding.

Sadly, all that happens is terrorism, then bombing, then more terrorism.

That's why I think the best solution is a mutual split - of course the negotiations for said split would be very tough indeed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maybe not but it's too late now. Isreal is here to stay and it's about time Muslims accepted it
Original post by small_circles
The Israeli military force don't represent the Jewish faith....I'm guessing Palestinians have an issue with being persecuted and having their homes stolen from them...the huge number of Jews against the Israelis' treatment of the Palestinians show the issue isn't the intolerance of the Jewish faith but rather being against a state convicted of war crimes. With an atheist president I doubt Israel's current actions represent any form of Jewish faith or teaching.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah, I agree with you. Sorry if it came across that the Israeli government was acting in behalf of Judaism.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sdotd
Maybe not but it's too late now. Isreal is here to stay and it's about time Muslims accepted it

I think you are probably right. But the trouble is the previous generations that remember Palestine as it was pass on their distrust to the younger generations.

The situation cannot carry on like this, it isn't right for a majority peaceful Muslim population to be effectively treated as second class citizens because of some extremists. All that does is make the extremism seem more appealing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sdotd

Why must it be in the Middle East? They could have taken their Israel somewhere else. The United States government could have gifted the Jews a land to themselves in the United States after WWII. America is much larger, more wealthier, more developed, more civilized (up to an extent!!), is less hostile and more peaceful than the Middle East. But no, they choose the Middle East, decide to invade someone else's land, take it over and start this ethnic cleansing of Arabs.
Reply 13
I think you are probably right. But the trouble is the previous generations that remember Palestine as it was pass on their distrust to the younger generations.

The situation cannot carry on like this, it isn't right for a majority peaceful Muslim population to be effectively treated as second class citizens because of some extremists. All that does is make the extremism seem more appealing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah you're right the current situation is not ideal but I can't see a solution at all
Original post by sdotd

So you justify the occupation of a land that people inhabit and their suffering because another peoples' suffering is worth more? If you love jews so much why not welcome them into your home and let them live on the land you own?
Original post by Raymat
Why must it be in the Middle East? They could have taken their Israel somewhere else. The United States government could have gifted the Jews a land to themselves in the United States after WWII. America is much larger, more wealthier, more developed, more civilized (up to an extent!!), is less hostile and more peaceful than the Middle East. But no, they choose the Middle East, decide to invade someone else's land, take it over and start this ethnic cleansing of Arabs.

It isn't an ethnic cleansing. A suggestion that is the case is preposterous. Ethnic "cleansing" is the whole reason that Israel was created in the first place.

As for why the Middle East? It's something to do with the fact that it's the traditional homeland of the Jewish faith or something along those lines - I'm not religious so I won't pretend to be an expert.

And it's not in the US because they were the biggest member of the major allied powers, so they had a big say in any decisions to be made - including the location of Israel.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sdotd
Yeah you're right the current situation is not ideal but I can't see a solution at all

I honestly think a two state, neutral central city is the way to go in the long run.

The problem for that is the negotiation, it would literally be a historic day if a Palestinian and Israeli government ever agreed on such a massive decision like that.

Not to mention you would need a completely neutral party to host the talks - so that knocks the US and most Middle Eastern countries out the way.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sdotd

Is it that difficult to stop demolishing the Palestinians' homes, reducing their allowed living land daily and regularly killing children and women because it was 'thought' there was a threat??

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
I wholly support Israel.

I don't give a rats about the Jewish faith but when asked to choose between a wealthy country with broadly western values or a failed Muslim state, the choice is a pretty easy one.

As for why the Middle East? It's something to do with the fact that it's the traditional homeland of the Jewish faith or something along those lines - I'm not religious so I won't pretend to be an expert.
Posted from TSR Mobile

It is no longer their homeland. They left the Middle East thousands of years ago. How can they suddenly come back and claim the land is still theirs? That's just irrational. Talking about religious belief; just because you have this religious belief doesn't mean you should ignore the ethics. Ethics>Religious Beliefs. If such a religious belief is going to cause oppression and suffering then that belief should not be put into practice. Also enough with the whataboutery. Just because a group of people were oppressed it does not give them the right to oppress another group especially when that group had nothing to do with their massacre in Europe.

Latest

Trending

Trending