The Student Room Group

What's wrong with me? :/

I am in love with a girl but she loves someone else. And I can't get over her.

I am always angry, sad, in a bad mood, don't feel like talking, down all the time, quiet, etc.

I am so hung up over this girl. I am crazy about her. And I know I can never be with her, but I can't move on.

It's causing me physical pain.

We are friends, talk all the time, but it's killing me. How do I make the pain go away and how can I stop caring about this girl.

What do I do?

Scroll to see replies

Perhaps try to distance yourself from her little by little until it gets easier? Or alternatively find something that distracts you from her like studying, gaming or some other hobbie :smile:
And it's the umpteenth time you posted this
Give it some distance. Give it some time. You are not in control of your emotions so move away from the problem (this girl) and get some control over yourself.
Dude, sort yourself, and find something to take your mind off of her, be that becoming a gym rat, working more and more, whatever it takes
Reply 5
Lemme tell you what I did
I avoided the person I liked
I mean, just break off the friendship altogether because it's hurting you so much. You're so distracted by this girl that you're not even doing things for yourself. Time does wonders
It might take a little longer for you, but it took me a year, I forced myself to delete Twitter and instagram so I would be less prone to stalking their social media. I also deactivated my Facebook. Kept myself busy with my studies and own hobbies. Made new friends. Tried new things. Kept away from things that reminded me of them.

You'll still remember them for probably the rest of your life, maybe still have a little feeling for them but you'll look back at it one day and just smile. You'll find love in the near future who'll cherish you and love you back. Just wait a little. You're so focused on this one girl, you're failing to see the world, and all these other potentially more suitable girls.

It calls for drastic measures. Cut all ties with her, change phone number, email etc. Sure it'll hurt for a week/month or so but you'll get over her. There's no one in the world who you can't get over.

And I'm speaking from experience. I liked this guy for about 6 months then he got this super hot, younger girlfriend. I still liked him for ages before I decided to get myself together and actively made myself get over him. He wasn't worth me wasting my time if he never saw the good in me, and there was never a chance for me anyways because he really liked his gf.
Reply 6
Break contact. Find someone who is up for doing unspeakable things with you. It's the only way.
Original post by Sunghyunah
Perhaps try to distance yourself from her little by little until it gets easier? Or alternatively find something that distracts you from her like studying, gaming or some other hobbie :smile:

I try. All the time. But then I get drawn back. I manage a couple of days and then I go right back to her. I like her so much it just doesn't feel right or good to do it. And I do try to keep myself occupied but I can't stop thinking about her.
Original post by RainbowKiwi
Give it some distance. Give it some time. You are not in control of your emotions so move away from the problem (this girl) and get some control over yourself.

I can't distance myself. Every time I try to, I end up talking to her again. And I have to see her all the time in uni, same classes and all. :/
Original post by Sunghyunah

I would like to add the 6 nations to those suggestions. 1 of any 3 teams could win the championship now, but its in Englands favor nonetheless. Tis very interestin. Cant believe Ireleand lost to Whales tho, whats your opinion on that game?

I mean England beats Whales, Ireland beats England and then Whales beats Ireland. Yeah you try workin that out. Just goes to show anything can happen. What are your opinions on this?
Original post by devangdave
Dude, sort yourself, and find something to take your mind off of her, be that becoming a gym rat, working more and more, whatever it takes

Hmm it's hard. She's all I think about. Hitting the gym already. I lose my appetite thinking about her all the time. I'm not happy at all
Break it off and man up.
Reply 12
Original post by believeteam22
I am in love with a girl but she loves someone else. And I can't get over her.

I am always angry, sad, in a bad mood, don't feel like talking, down all the time, quiet, etc.

I am so hung up over this girl. I am crazy about her. And I know I can never be with her, but I can't move on.

It's causing me physical pain.

We are friends, talk all the time, but it's killing me. How do I make the pain go away and how can I stop caring about this girl.

What do I do?

Dude, the sooner you move on and find someone else the sooner you will realise there wasnt really anything special about this girl at all...I know, I have been where you are before.
Reply 13
I try. All the time. But then I get drawn back. I manage a couple of days and then I go right back to her. I like her so much it just doesn't feel right or good to do it. And I do try to keep myself occupied but I can't stop thinking about her.

You're pathetic brah. You're giving her all the power. As the man, you should be the one that has all the power.

The irony you don't realise is that even if she wasn't interested in someone else, she will never want you if you give her all the power.
Original post by MAINE.
You're pathetic brah. You're giving her all the power. As the man, you should be the one that has all the power.

The irony you don't realise is that even if she wasn't interested in someone else, she will never want you if you give her all the power.

Ok so how do I change this? And not give her this power etc. ?
Why is your life so empty?
Reply 16
Maybe try eating the booty like groceries?
Reply 17
Ok so how do I change this? And not give her this power etc. ?

You need to forget about her.

I'm guessing she's probably already freindzoned you because instead of being your own man you were willing to do anything for her.

Move on, find someone else, but dont subject yourself to them, otherwise it will be the same problem all over again.

Things I suggest you google and read are "ladder theory" and "the red pill". They will help open your eyes and make you realise the mistakes you've made.

The sooner you move on, the sooner you will realise there is probably nothing special about her at all.
(edited 9 years ago)
The only solution is to kill her lover
Original post by Anonymoùs
I would like to add the 6 nations to those suggestions. 1 of any 3 teams could win the championship now, but its in Englands favor nonetheless. Tis very interestin. Cant believe Ireleand lost to Whales tho, whats your opinion on that game?

I mean England beats Whales, Ireland beats England and then Whales beats Ireland. Yeah you try workin that out. Just goes to show anything can happen. What are your opinions on this?

Considering how crap Wales often play, I am also surprised by this. But then the Walians have always been a rollercoaster rugby team. They can play crap for like 5 games in a row and then all of a sudden play like world champions.
When was the last time Italy won a rugby championship?

Quick Reply