The Student Room Group

Biology OCR revision

Hello. :smile:

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can effectively for my exams?

I've always found Biology harder than any other subject, with so much to learn and remember. I have a text book and notes that I've found on the internet, and I do past paper questions, but nothing seems to work and I always feel like I'm really behind.

In my most recent F211 exam I got a B but I still feel like I can do a lot better than that, and my F212 knowledge is a lot more lacking.

Any ways you could suggest to revise more effectively?
Original post by kiasne
Hello. :smile:

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can effectively for my exams?

I've always found Biology harder than any other subject, with so much to learn and remember. I have a text book and notes that I've found on the internet, and I do past paper questions, but nothing seems to work and I always feel like I'm really behind.

In my most recent F211 exam I got a B but I still feel like I can do a lot better than that, and my F212 knowledge is a lot more lacking.

Any ways you could suggest to revise more effectively?

Possibly write notes from the main text book - so you have a decent understanding of the concepts. Then actively test yourself using past paper questions - this usually helps.

I think looking at the spec and ticking it off to ensure you know it and possibly write notes from the spec? So for example, pick a topic, choose a bullet point and write everything you know about that bullet point, then in a different colour write down other things you missed using other resources?

hope this helps. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest