The Student Room Group

Like someone I've known for ages, feel a relationship would be awkward. Advice?

So I like someone I've known for a few years, but as a friend and we've only got chatting lots more this year. I don't know if I want to just be cool with being friends or if I want to attempt anything more because I genuinely feel like if we were in a relationship, the sexual stuff would feel a bit awkward due to our fairly long standing friendship. Anyone else had to deal with this or got any advice? (I also don't know how he feels about me anyway, but still need advice!)
Think with your head,not your penis. Leave it alone
Original post by Anonymous
So I like someone I've known for a few years, but as a friend and we've only got chatting lots more this year. I don't know if I want to just be cool with being friends or if I want to attempt anything more because I genuinely feel like if we were in a relationship, the sexual stuff would feel a bit awkward due to our fairly long standing friendship. Anyone else had to deal with this or got any advice? (I also don't know how he feels about me anyway, but still need advice!)

I've been in this exact situation! We were like best friends before he started dating a certain girl who forced him to stop talking to me. We went without contact for 7/8 months until they finally split up. We got back in contact pretty soon after the split and he has now been my boyfriend for just over a year :biggrin: I was really worried about the sex at first but now I wonder why I ever was so intimidated by it :wink:

Just start talking a bit more and ask if they want to hang out, just the two of you. If they agree, then they probably want to see how you would be in a situation where you are more than friends :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending