The Student Room Group

AQA Biology B Essay Question

Does anybody have any ideas on the type of stuff that tends to be asked on the essay question? I've done a couple up to now..importance of water, and one about carbohydrates - its role and functions etc..Is there anything in particular i should concentrate on? i dont see how we should be expected to revise everythin again..thats just too much.

thanks.
Reply 1
They can ask you pretty much anything- but it's likely to be something that covers a large range of topics, so you can show how much you know. I've done ones on 'the ways different organisms use ATP', 'the causes and nature of variation on which Natural Selection depends', 'the structure and function of carbohydrates', 'how the structure of cells is related to their function' and 'mutation and its consequences'.

You don't necessarily have to into huge detail about everything, an few explanatory sentences will do mostly. But you do need to show range, eg animals, plants, bacteria.

I think you need to at least read your notes from AS, even if you don't revise it in depth, so at least you'll have a vague idea of topics you can write about. The green Collins syllabus specific books are good for this...
Reply 2
my biology teacher seems to think that because 'the structure and function of carbs/proteins' has alrady come up, thye may do something on lipids...or on ATP again, which we've brainstormed.

Latest

Trending

Trending