The Student Room Group

Stressed. Help.

Currently studying AS levels and was wondering if I were to drop out and take gap year until September 2015 will I be able to study AS and take the exams in 2016? Will I be able to study in a sixth form. I have my own reasons for the gap year. Also will this have a negative effect when i apply for universities and will it count as 3 years of studying Alevels.
Reply 1
Original post by Acrux
Currently studying AS levels and was wondering if I were to drop out and take gap year until September 2015 will I be able to study AS and take the exams in 2016? Will I be able to study in a sixth form. I have my own reasons for the gap year. Also will this have a negative effect when i apply for universities and will it count as 3 years of studying Alevels.

Obviously you'll be allowed to do it but it will make you look worse unless you have extreme circumstances which will not allow you to sit the exams otherwise you're just wasting you're time and chances.
Reply 2
bump
Original post by Acrux

Are you reasons medical reasons? If so then I don't think it will effect you to badly, considering they are medical reasons that make it impossible to sit your exams this year.

Is it stress or worry that is making you want to drop out for a year?

Quick Reply

Latest