The Student Room Group

Medical students who had to see occ health before starting...

I'm applying to GEM this September, and was wondering if anyone here who has a mental health problem and had to be passed by Occupational health before starting the course could give me some insight on what to expect...

When I first anticipated GEM in my first year, I imagined by now I would be a million times better, however at the moment I am not, and I am panicking that they won't let me in...

If anyone could let me know how bad things would have to be for them to reject me that would be great...
Original post by tw781
I'm applying to GEM this September, and was wondering if anyone here who has a mental health problem and had to be passed by Occupational health before starting the course could give me some insight on what to expect...

When I first anticipated GEM in my first year, I imagined by now I would be a million times better, however at the moment I am not, and I am panicking that they won't let me in...

If anyone could let me know how bad things would have to be for them to reject me that would be great...

Probably best thing to do is to call up the universities you want to apply to and ask them. As far as I know, mental health problems are only an obstacle if they affect how you provide patient care.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending