The Student Room Group

Applying for jobs with National Insurance number

Hey TSR nation, I'm still 15 but I received my national insurance number. I'm really eager to apply for jobs as Apple have some retail ones available in Bluewater right now but as I said, I'm still 15 and 2 months away from being 16. Am I able to apply for jobs now if I have my national insurance number already?
You are but most places won't hire until you're of school leaving age =)
And apple only tend to go for over 18s

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Jackieox
You are but most places won't hire until you're of school leaving age =)
And apple only tend to go for over 18s

Posted from TSR Mobile

Seeing i'm a few months away from doing GCSEs, my CV would look weak wouldn't it?
Original post by Mahel
Hey TSR nation, I'm still 15 but I received my national insurance number. I'm really eager to apply for jobs as Apple have some retail ones available in Bluewater right now but as I said, I'm still 15 and 2 months away from being 16. Am I able to apply for jobs now if I have my national insurance number already?

Quite a few places wont take you on until you are school leaving age. But its worth starting to apply now seeing as you have your national insurance number.
Try supermarkets, shops, restaurants, cafes, fast food places etc.
Reply 4
Original post by Emma:-)
Quite a few places wont take you on until you are school leaving age. But its worth starting to apply now seeing as you have your national insurance number.
Try supermarkets, shops, restaurants, cafes, fast food places etc.

I wouldn't be available to work until after June 12th as this is when my last GCSE exam is so would you still recommend applying for jobs now or should I wait?
Original post by Mahel
I wouldn't be available to work until after June 12th as this is when my last GCSE exam is so would you still recommend applying for jobs now or should I wait?

You could still start applying now. By the time you get an interview etc, and get accepted for any job, it would be closer to the time anyway, so it would be close enough to organise a start date.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending