The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

a very important message from UCL

I got the message from the UCL. They asked my referee for giving predicted grades from every subjects I chose on my Matura Exam.
I'm seeing my referee tomorrow, but I have a huge problem namely:
UCL gives offers for AAA-AAB; A=85%; B=73%.
My Extended Maths - 90%
Extended Physics - 85-90%
and English Language a suppose that I can get about 80% maybe 85% but I'm afraid that it's too little (80%) or maybe is a good score?
I'm really asking for advice because my deadline is tomorrow.
Thanks a lot,
Mateusz.
Reply 1
Original post by majketronik
I got the message from the UCL. They asked my referee for giving predicted grades from every subjects I chose on my Matura Exam.
I'm seeing my referee tomorrow, but I have a huge problem namely:
UCL gives offers for AAA-AAB; A=85%; B=73%.
My Extended Maths - 90%
Extended Physics - 85-90%
and English Language a suppose that I can get about 80% maybe 85% but I'm afraid that it's too little (80%) or maybe is a good score?
I'm really asking for advice because my deadline is tomorrow.
Thanks a lot,
Mateusz.

Just ask your referee to predict the grades they want (so long as it's very different from your previous results) and then do your best to achieve the grades.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by *Stefan*
Just ask your referee to predict the grades they want (so long as it's very different from your previous results) and then do your best to achieve the grades.

Yes, I thought about it. My referee would really like to help me to get into my dream univeristy and hesitate over 85 or 80% on my Matura Exam. So we don't know if 80% would be enough for my course: Mechanical Engineering. What do you think? :smile:
Misleading title
Reply 4
Original post by majketronik
Yes, I thought about it. My referee would really like to help me to get into my dream univeristy and hesitate over 85 or 80% on my Matura Exam. So we don't know if 80% would be enough for my course: Mechanical Engineering. What do you think? :smile:

I believe you should aim for the higher scale of the entry requirements, which in this case is AAA. I'd say ask her to predict you an 85% (since that's the equivalent to an A), and then do your best to achieve it.

They may still make the lower offer of AAB though, so don't worry about the chances of getting the lower offer.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by *Stefan*
I believe you should aim for the higher scale of the entry requirements, which in this case is AAA. I'd say ask her to predict you an 85% (since that's the equivalent to an A), and then do your best to achieve it.

They may still make the lower offer of AAB though, so don't worry about the chances of getting the lower offer.

You know, my friend applied for there and got 84 from Matura Exam / 85 which he should have achieved. (His predicted grades (95/85 or 90/85) = nearly conditional offer - 90/90 or 85/85) Finally, he got the rejection. The onother got the offer: 85/85/72% without asking for predicted grades. That's why I'm very stressed out about this isue which score because I'm really interesten in this University. You know, what I mean. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending