The Student Room Group

syria abandoned by the world as it enters its fifth year of war!

Scroll to see replies

muslims constantly criticise us for meddling in their own affairs so we should respect their wishes and do nothing and no the west is not to blame for this, ISIS are to blame for this
Reply 2
It was under western occupied Iraq that ISIS formed so the west are to blame to an extent. I support the complete withdrawal of western intervention of the conflict.
Original post by al_94
It was under western occupied Iraq that ISIS formed so the west are to blame to an extent. I support the complete withdrawal of western intervention of the conflict.

Yeah!!!!

Let's see how Arabs can pull themselves into another layer of hell.
Reply 4
Original post by MatureStudent36
Yeah!!!!

Let's see how Arabs can pull themselves into another layer of hell.

I don't understand what you mean. Do you not like Arabs?
Reply 5
we should put all our support and resources to president assad and watch isis be destroyed
Original post by al_94
I don't understand what you mean. Do you not like Arabs?

The weat gets criticised for supporting dictators in middle eastern countries.

When there's no dictator they seem to descend into chaos.
Reply 7
The weat gets criticised for supporting dictators in middle eastern countries.

When there's no dictator they seem to descend into chaos.

The west shouldn't get involved in the middle east as I said. There's nothing they can do to improve the situation.
Original post by al_94
The west shouldn't get involved in the middle east as I said. There's nothing they can do to improve the situation.

What's your take on Iranian and Russian support for the Assad regime.

ARe you against that? Or is it just Western involvement you don't like?
Reply 9
What's your take on Iranian and Russian support for the Assad regime.

ARe you against that? Or is it just Western involvement you don't like?

I condemn their support for that tyrant Assad.
I don't think there's much the West can do at this point. If we back Assad and he starts to reclaim territory there will likely be large scale human rights abuses - remember how the conflict started with peaceful protesters being shot dead by security forces. If we back the rebels, jihadists will increase their influence and minority groups like the Christians and Alawites would face mass killings, a bit like in Iraq following the fall of Saddam Hussein.

The only way this war could end anytime soon is with a political solution. But that is unlikely because of how much mistrust there is on both sides, and because the rebels have basically no "moderates" left and don't have a single organisation to represent them which makes negotiations of that sort difficult.

There is no end in sight for this war, and things will get worse before they get better.
Reply 11
Original post by sdotd
we should put all our support and resources to president assad and watch isis be destroyed

assad kills his own people! basically in his eyes whoever does not like the president are terrorist! he is refusing to step down when no one wants him. so what does he do? he uses force and violence. can you imagine living in country where the people are gased to death by there own government? that is just disgusting!! do u see how insane this sounds? where is the freedom? if he really did care he would have destroyed isis a long time ago, but it's the least of his concerns in my eyes. Because he really is not doing anything!!
Reply 12
Original post by noey123
assad kills his own people! basically in his eyes whoever does not like the president are terrorist! he is refusing to step down when no one wants him. so what does he do? he uses force and violence. can you imagine living in country where the people are gased to death by there own government? that is just disgusting!! do u see how insane this sounds? where is the freedom? if he really did care he would have destroyed isis a long time ago, but it's the least of his concerns in my eyes. Because he really is not doing anything!!

Assad still has mass support in Syria actually and he is the lesser of two evils. He warned us about isis but no one listened
Reply 13
Original post by sdotd
Assad still has mass support in Syria actually and he is the lesser of two evils. He warned us about isis but no one listened[/Q

he is a devil anyway!! he has not done his country any good over the last 5 years!!
Even though it is a war (& I completely agree that the west shouldn't be involved in conflict), civilians are being killed and young girls are being recruited by manipulation of the honor of marrying a Jihadi fighter, most of Syria is in blackout and thousands of Syrian civilians are now refugees with no homes left, it's a humanitarian crisis and whether the west should become involved or not, surely the rest of the world cannot watch these innocent adults & children die?? It's inhumane and even though it's not happening here it is happening somewhere else and people are fearing for their lives every second of the day.
Reply 15
[QUOTE="noey123;54376665"]
Original post by sdotd
Assad still has mass support in Syria actually and he is the lesser of two evils. He warned us about isis but no one listened[/Q

he is a devil anyway!! he has not done his country any good over the last 5 years!!

Look at Iraq now without saddaam? Look at Libya

These countries need dictators like them to keep out terrorist groups. They are evil but better than the alternative
Reply 16
[QUOTE="sdotd;54377073"]
Original post by noey123

Look at Iraq now without saddaam? Look at Libya

These countries need dictators like them to keep out terrorist groups. They are evil but better than the alternative

yeaah your right, but look at the millions of people that have to suffer. saddam and qadafi probabley wanted what's best for there countires but they ended up destroying it. what they did just increased terrorist. after all action speakes louder than words!

peace! :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by HanaaDavis
Even though it is a war (& I completely agree that the west shouldn't be involved in conflict), civilians are being killed and young girls are being recruited by manipulation of the honor of marrying a Jihadi fighter, most of Syria is in blackout and thousands of Syrian civilians are now refugees with no homes left, it's a humanitarian crisis and whether the west should become involved or not, surely the rest of the world cannot watch these innocent adults & children die?? It's inhumane and even though it's not happening here it is happening somewhere else and people are fearing for their lives every second of the day.

agreed :smile:
There are 56 Muslim countries in the world, some of which are extremely wealthy with massive cash reserves.

It doesn't matter what the west does, it will be accused and blamed.

I've already seen videos threatening the west for NOT intervening. Now we have videos threatening us for intervening.

Let the Muslims go through their civil wars. We cannot allow them to drain western resources whilst the Arab states sit on their gold thrones swimming in cash.
Original post by Flashing Comet
muslims constantly criticise us for meddling in their own affairs so we should respect their wishes and do nothing and no the west is not to blame for this, ISIS are to blame for this

It is the Wests fault due to the origins of ISIS... because Saddam was removed, it created a power vacuum in the region.. ISIS is just a continuation of the events that happened when we went into Iraq....

Atleast when Saddam was in power, it was stable.. now look at Iraq now... death, suffering and genocide from ISIS....

here's a better explanation:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6kdi1UXxhY&bpctr=1426671946
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending