The Student Room Group

How + what to revise when recent exams are harder?!

Hey there,

So I was wondering how and what exactly am I supposed to revise because last year I took AS chemistry (OCR) and maths (Edexcel) and the style of questions were so different from the normal style; they required a lot more application and because I had so little practise with those types of exams i found it difficult and flopped.

I have a feeling this year set of exams might follow suit, so how/ what can i do to revise to prepare myself seeing as the 2014 examinations are the only ones like that kind. (Or are there others i haven't found?)

I am a retake student btw and so if I fail this year, i might as well just say goodbye to education. :frown: :frown: :frown:

Please any help or advice would be well appreciated!

Thanks. :s-smilie::smile:
Revise all of the content - so no cutting corners and taking a gamble on what may or may not come up.

Practice as many questions as you can get your hands on, both knowledge and application questions.
Original post by smozsolution
Revise all of the content - so no cutting corners and taking a gamble on what may or may not come up.

Practice as many questions as you can get your hands on, both knowledge and application questions.

Thank you, but do you know where i can get application questions, seeing as all the past papers have similar structure and wording ?
Original post by Itsallaconundrum
Thank you, but do you know where i can get application questions, seeing as all the past papers have similar structure and wording ?

Try all the questions in your textbook and google your exam board, subject and "past paper questions" to find as many as you can.

Quick Reply

Latest